Morgan Hunt are working with a fantastic college in the London area, together, we are seeking to appoint a talented, highly motivated, and enthusiastic Sociology Lecturer to join them on a temporary-ongoing basis.
Job Title: Sociology Lecturer
Length of contract: on going
- Teach A-Level Sociology, delivering effective learning for students
- Be up to date, plan and prepare and high quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours (810 hrs per annum)
- Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
- Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
- Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/course/subject records and provide information, as requested
- Be responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries for the course/subject and liaise with external awarding bodies, as appropriate
- Ensure close liaison and good communications with other staff in matters concerning students
- Use College systems to track and communicate student progress
- Act as a Personal Tutor, if required
- Value and support students to achieve their full potential
- Effectively manage the behaviour of students
- Engage in curriculum development and planning activities, individually and as a team
- Participate in standardisation/verification and moderation, as required
- Ensure provision is aligned with best practice nationally
- Take responsibility as required for the development of a relevant curriculum area
- Take responsibility for achieving the section's targets in retention, attendance, achievements, high grades, added value and student satisfaction
- Represent the Programme/Division/College, as required
Essential to apply:
- Experience in a Further Education setting.
- Excellent organisation, administration, and IT skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to engage, motivate and support mixed ability learners
To be considered for this role, you must hold a valid enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months or be registered with the DBS update service. If you do not hold a valid DBS, you will be required to have one processed (Morgan Hunt do not cover the cost for this) to work in a FE College.
If you are a Sociology Lecturer looking for work in the London area, please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.