Morgan Hunt are working with a fantastic college in the East London area, together, we are seeking to appoint a talented, highly motivated, and enthusiastic Technicians to join them on a temporary-ongoing basis.
Job Title: Science Technician/ Biology Technician
Location: Central London
Hours: Full time
Length of contract: on going
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide apparatus and chemicals as requested on the laboratory requirement forms;
- Control the storage of chemicals, apparatus and textbooks/resources;
- Advise the Head of Biology on the need for purchasing chemicals and equipment
- Keep a regular check on stock, chemicals and equipment
- Keep a stock list of chemicals
- Ensure stocks of experimental sheets and other key resources are maintained at a suitable level
- Control the audio-visual requirements within the department
- Maintain stationary supplies
- Submit maintenance requests for repairs to the department
- Co-ordinate the use of laboratories and, if necessary, apparatus
- Co-ordinate the safe disposal of unwanted chemicals and cleaning apparatus
- Maintain safety information (CLEAPSS, Hazcards etc)
- To support the Biology department in meeting the school and department health and safety rules. · To be responsible for the PAT of all electrical equipment used within the department In addition the Technician will be expected
- To assist the Head of Department in keeping track of the Departmental budget by: o Advising on the annual Budget Request o Maintaining the departmental financial records in liaison with the Head of Department o Placing orders, checking deliveries and invoices
- To provide assistance and guidance for teaching staff if the need arises. · Any duties reasonably required by the line manager.
Skill and Experience Required
- Experience and a sound knowledge of working in laboratory conditions in any type of applicable industry or education.
- An interest in science, particularly Biology
- Will have studied Biology to A-level standard or beyond
- Highly motivated
- A flexible team player
- Good communication skills
- An eye for creativity
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- A willingness to learn
If you are a Science Technician looking for work in the Central London area, please apply now.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.