Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST
Provide strategic direction, professional leadership and management to the Faculty and ensure that teaching, learning and assessment is highly effective to continually raise standards of learning and achievement for all students Develop the provision to secure growth in student numbers in line with the college's overall strategic plan.
CONTRIBUTION TO THE STRATEGIC PLAN
Mission: BCoT - Building Careers of Tomorrow Our six transformational objectives are:
1. Digital skills embedded at the heart of our courses
2. Personal and Professional Development - character, emotional intelligence, resilience and employability skills
3. Putting employers and business in the driving seat to set the skills agenda
4. Delivery of high-quality T levels with outstanding business engagement and inspirational teaching
5. A significant expansion of higher-level provision in Basingstoke
6. Leading a low carbon future with the development of the FSC and EV provision
Our growth areas are:
● Basingstoke school leavers & 16-18 aged students
● Level 3 Adult Skills Fund
● Learners studying at higher level (level 4 and above)Key marketing objectives to support this include:Recruitment
● Maintain or increase market share of 16-18 enrolments for core Basingstoke feeder schools
● Increase 16-18 applications by 5% in for 21/22
● Maintain or increase 16-18 enrolments
● Increase adult enrolments by 5%
● Increase apprenticeship applications by 5%
Awareness, Perception and Reputation
● To improve and amplify BCoT's reputation and increase learner numbers year-on-year
● Maintain PR presence with high quality news items focused on our main USP - technology
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The management duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Curriculum and Quality Management
• To provide a responsive and innovative curriculum that meets the demand for skills in the region and develops students' employability and enterprise skills.
• Effectively develop and manage programmes of study and apprenticeships that support students' development and future career plans, including adult, higher education and apprenticeships.
• Effectively lead the commercial engineering department to secure year on year growth in learner numbers/income and contracts with commercial organisations.
• Develop employer partnerships for the benefit of students and the curriculum.
• Continually improve attendance, retention, achievement, progress and destination rates of students in the Faculty
• Ensure that student management is effective and leads to successful outcomes.
• Ensure that students are properly informed and advised about the Faculty's course provision and their progression opportunities.
• Effectively motivate and lead teams in a positive and professional manner.
• Actively manage the development of teaching staff and continually improve teaching, learning and assessment including through lesson observation.
• Ensure the management of the Faculty operates effectively• Work with Course Directors to ensure compliance with college systems, protocols and quality measures
• Manage the professional development of Course Directors in the Faculty effectively• Lead the performance management of staff in the Faculty
• Ensure quality assurance and quality improvement activities are completed to the required standard.
• Review Faculty provision through annual self-assessment and set and review the associated improvement plan
• Ensure on-line resources are used effectively for all courses in the Faculty.• Ensure the effective and efficient delivery of English and mathematics across the curriculum.
• To operate best practice in Health & Safety, Equality & Diversity and Safeguarding including the Prevent Agenda, and in accordance with college policies.Management of Resources
• To prepare an annual business plan, including courses to be offered, development objectives, resource requirements and risk analysis.
• To lead and manage staff in the Faculty, including recruitment, performance review, professional development and under performance and to operate the college's Human Resource policies.
• To manage the budget for the Faculty, ensuring compliance with Financial Regulations and procedures.
• To coordinate the Faculty's course times, in line with college guidelines.Growing the Business
• To actively lead marketing and promotion activities designed to increase the profile, awareness and reputation of the Faculty's provision and the college generally.
• To ensure that the prospectus, course information sheets, website and any other marketing materials are up-to-date, professional, informative and accurate.
• To undertake activities that will generate increased full-time, part-time, HE and apprenticeship learner numbers and full-cost income.Other Duties
• Support teams to raise achievements and value added performance.
• Ensure students are provided with timely and appropriate guidance and support for progression.
• Work pro-actively with link partners to support high quality, comprehensive and cost effective delivery.
• Work with teams to develop links with local businesses, professionals and other outside agencies to provide students with opportunities to engage with the local economic community.
• Support teams to develop a curriculum that is cohesive and, where necessary, provides integrated assessment tasks that maximise the outcomes for students.
NB: This description is not exhaustive: it is intended to give an outline of the current duties and responsibilities. Other duties consistent with the post may be introduced through discussion with the post holder.
JOB TITLE: Faculty Head
DEPARTMENT: Engineering & Automotive Criteria Essential Desirable Assessment Method (A/I/T)
?? GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above, or equivalent
?? Degree or professional equivalent in engineering
?? Assessor and verifier awards
?? Level 4 or higher teaching qualification
?? A Higher degree or professional qualification
?? Experience of curriculum development
?? Significant experience of managing engineering departments in a further education ment
?? Experience of quality assurance including lesson observations
?? Minimum of 3 yrs teaching experience
?? Experience of motivating and managing teams and individuals
?? Relevant Industry experience
?? Budget management experience
?? Experience of developing and improving staff through effective performance management
?? Knowledge and Skills Knowledge of effective teaching pedagogy
?? Knowledge of effective curriculum design
?? Knowledge of FE sector including qualification reform, inspection, apprenticeships, funding
?? Good administration skills
?? Good ICT skills and computer literacy
?? Core Competencies Effective communication
?? Team working
?? Student / customer focused
?? Innovation and problem solving
?? Personal Qualities relevant to the position Well organised and proactive
?? Responsible and reliable
?? Approachable and self-motivated
?? Commitment to safeguarding
?? Commitment to equality and diversity
?? Circumstances Clean Driving Licence