Are you interested in Student Funding Officer roles in the Newham area? Morgan Hunt are pleased to announce that we are working with a fantastic college in Newham area. Together we are seeking to appoint a Student Funding Officer - apply today!
Job Title: Student Funding Officer
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Newham area
Length of contract: Temporary - Ongoing
In this Student Funding Officer role, your responsibilities will include:
▪ Maintain the finance system sales ledger accounts for all students registered with the University College to ensure personal, course and fee liability details are accurate and up to date.
▪ Raise invoices in relation to individual courses in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with the University College's Tuition Fee Policy
▪ Ensure that all students are aware of the relevant terms & conditions and time frames for the payment of their fees.
▪ Allocate all funds received in payment of fees against the appropriate invoices within the finance system
▪ Ensure that funds received from the Student Loan Company are allocated to the appropriate student accounts
▪ Liaise with the Office for Students and Student Loan Company to ensure that all they are informed of all relevant changes to courses, student registrations and student personal circumstances.
▪ Ensure that all credit card payments received in relation to tuition fees and other charges to students are processed correctly
▪ Ensure that detailed records are maintained of all arrangements made with individual students over the payment of their fees
▪ Ensure that finance records are updated to reflect the awarding of any bursaries, scholarships or discounts, including arranging any refunds if necessary
▪ Ensure that where students fees are to be paid by sponsors, relatives or other third parties the appropriate agreements are drawn up and signed.
▪ Work with Student Services to identify students who appear to be having financial difficulties so that appropriate advice and arrangements can be put into place.
▪ Work with non-finance departments who raise invoices to ensure that all outstanding sums owed to the University College are followed up and paid in a timely manner
▪ Ensure that details in relation
▪ Champion the need for robust and effective internal financial controls, including vigilance against potential fraud.
▪ Ensure that relevant procedure notes of all relevant systems relevant to this role are reviewed and updated as required.
▪ Suggest areas where procedures and processes could be better streamlined.
▪ Provide cover for other members of the Finance department during periods of annual leave, sickness etc. as necessary
▪ Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Skills & experience
- Good general education - minimum of five grade C / level 4 GCSEs including English and Maths
- Experience of working in a credit control or similar role within an established finance function.
- Experience of using proprietary finance systems to record and report on sales ledger information
- Experience of working in a customer focussed way to ensure students and other customers are fully aware of the relevant financial arrangements
- Enhanced DBS on the update service
If you are interested in working in the Student Funding Officer in the Newham area, please apply to this advert with a CV today and a consultant will contact you!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.