IT Support Officer
Temp to Perm - 6 weeks contract ( Possible extension)
£20 - £24 Per Hour
My client is a Further Education organisation based in North London who are looking for an IT Support Officer for a 6 weeks contract will the possibility of extension as well as to go perm. You will be a person with excellent customer service skills, team player, self-motivated and think outside the box.
As a IT Support Officer, you will ensure that user requests are dealt with swiftly and very effectively, whilst maintaining a very high level of customer service. You will be required to do the following:
- To monitor the Service Desk system response times in relation to Service Level Agreement (SLA) standards and report to the Service Team Lead any deviation from standard.
- To maintain the IT environment, providing optimal availability of IT equipment and resources to learners and staff.
- To attend to any emergency requests or problems that may occur.
- To provide first support, where possible, and give a professional and responsive technical support service to the Group in relation to the use of systems.
- To issue and / or install software ensuring licensing and version control arrangements are complied with.
- To ensure standard effective security arrangements are in place with regard to software security.
- To ensure hardware and software infrastructure components comply with the Services configuration management procedures and that any changes are appropriately actioned and logged.
- To use Support desk console tools in the diagnosis of device faults and to ensure that fault conditions are remedied speedily as a result of the diagnostic techniques used.
- To be responsible for logging calls to 3rd Party suppliers.
- To be responsible for chasing these suppliers where they breach response agreements.
- To seek support from, and escalate calls to, infrastructure engineers and management as appropriate
- To prioritise workload according to urgency and impact.
- You will have a deep understanding of LAN and WAN networks
- You can demonstrate excellent Customer Care skills, an excellent telephone manner, excellent written and communication skills
- You will possess outstanding hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- You will have substantial knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems
- You will have experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365 included
- You will be an experienced Active Directory user
- You will have the ability to create effective correspondence, presentations, reports and interpret data
- You will have experience working with a SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- You will be extremely organised and have a methodical approach to work.
- You will be confident in using and supporting Apple Operating systems.
What you get in return:
£24 per hour
What you need to do next:
Please apply by forwarding an updated CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.