Morgan Hunt have partnered with an award winning and sector leading top 100, based in Central London, in the search for an Assistant Financial Controller.
The impressive law firm, who have a global presence particularly in the UK & USA have been providing legal services for successful individuals, families and businesses for over 100 years. With a large Private Client practice, spanning across the UK, USA and Asia have an incredible focus on their people, from the most junior to the most senior of staff, offering career development across the board.
The Assistant Finance Controller will report directly into the EU Financial Controller and take hands on responsibility of the day to day management of the finance team in London. The Assistant Financial Controller will play a lead role in the development of the growing finance team, inspiring confidence and development where necessary.
The Assistant Financial Controller will:
- Ensure that all accounting processes and procedures are completed accurately and efficiently
- Make improvements on accounting policies where necessary to ensure maximum efficiency
- Take proactive lead on the daily management of the Cashiering and Accounts Payable team to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Have in depth involvement with the annual budgeting and planning process for the firm
- Take ownership of banking relationships and treasury management
- Assist with the annual audit process both for year and end and the SRA audit
- Take a lead in training a development within the internal finance team as well as across the firm in best practice.
The ideal Assistant Financial Controller will:
- Be fully qualified with 3 years post qualification experience within a law firm or accountancy practice
- Have strong knowledge of the SRA accounting rules and regulations
- Be a strong communicator and inspirational team leader
- Have good experience with finance systems (ideally Elite 3e or similar)
- Apply strong attention to detail and a proactive hands-on approach to their work
- Be able to identify opportunities for maximising efficiency
If you're a Senior Accountant or Finance Manager within the professional services space, seeking an opportunity to forward your career within an award winning and global law firm then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Please get in touch with Sam Vorley on 02074198939 to find out more or apply today.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.