Morgan Hunt require an Billing Administrator for NHS based in Central London
Pay Rate: £15ph to £16ph Ltd
Hours 37.5 9am to 5pm Mon to Fri
Location: Central London
Duration: 6 months on going contract
Main purpose of the job
The post holder is responsible for the routine billing of the Financial Administration Services for International & Private Patients, (Inpatient and Outpatient).
The key tasks for this post are to:
- Responsible for inpatient and outpatient billing activities.
- Ensure that patients and their families are provided with an excellent service that is focused on meeting their needs.
- Provide an effective and efficient Invoice and credit management service.
- Work effectively with the team to ensure we provide a recognised financial service to all our stakeholders.
- Ensure that financial information is recorded accurately.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Co-ordinate charges received from all services provided to patients (manual and automated system interfaces) and ensure that it is recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Be part of a team that provides an effective and efficient invoicing system.
- Ensure standard operating procedures within the team are relevant and reviewed as appropriate.
- Undertake relevant data collection to enable monitoring against key performance indicators.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Payment and Billing Activity
- To be part of a team and a point of contact for all financial services requests relating to inpatient and outpatient billing.
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries in a professional, efficient, and polite manner, taking messages where required.
- Checking patient data in Compucare to respond to requests.
- Actioning telephone and email requests as appropriate.
- Knowledge and use of Excel / Compucare / Epic / Health code and EDI where necessary to produce accurate bills for our clients and patience.
- Liaise with the International Credit Controllers to resolve any queries related to patient accounting and assist with any related matters.
- Working with the team to action Embassy requests.
- Assist with the processing invoices including providing the Reports, Letters of authorization to support Embassy queries.
- Deal with Embassy queries as instructed.
- Assist other members of the team where necessary and cover.
- To undertake any other reasonable or ad-hoc tasks required of the post holder by the
Financial Services Manager, IPP Finance.
- To identify and suggest service improvements and support implementation of changes as necessary in liaison with the Financial Services Manager.
- To establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external parties: embassies, funding bodies, secretaries, and consultants to maximise accurate billing.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.