Morgan Hunt are currently working with a well-known Public Sector body, based in London and the South East, in their search for a permanent Public Sector Procurement Business Partner to develop and implement category, procurement and contract management strategies across the organisation.
As a successful postholder you will be responsible for implementing a category management approach across the Group to ensure that goods, services, and works are procured efficiently and achieve value for money through providing procurement and commercial expertise, and utilising market knowledge. You will act as an ambassador and promote best practice within Procurement, while working across the team and organisation to deliver high value complex contracts.
You will have experience working within Procurement and Category Management, within a large organisation (ideally within the Housing or Government Sectors). You will have strong knowledge of Public Sector Procurement (including PCR 2015 and FTS). You will have experience within competitive dialogue, competitive procedure with negotiation and establishment of framework agreements. You will be a pragmatic, influential and well-communicated Procurement Professional with strong management, interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills.
This position will offer internal opportunity, progression, and a wide range of experience where you will have a strong impact on the future of the procurement function. You will be required to attend the London Office on occasion and will be offered 30 days annual leave.
Job Title: Procurement Business Partner
Location: Hybrid (Mostly Remote & London Office)
Annual Salary: Up to £60,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
- Work both operationally and strategically across a number of categories and services from construction to care services and anything in between
- Develop and implement category and procurement strategies, seeking agreement with business areas, to meet the objectives of the Group
- Establish and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, at all levels of the Group
- Dealing with high value complex contracts
- Provide expert and professional advice and support on internal Procurement Policy and Procedures as well as other relevant legislation
- Monitor and review the Groups third party spend to ensure compliance and value for money are achieved.
- Ensure supplier performance is reported accurately and concisely to a range of stakeholders as required, and areas of underperforming are swiftly addressed.
- MCIPS [Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply]
- In-depth knowledge of Public Procurement legislation (PCR 2015, OJEU, etc)
- A pragmatic and self-motivated individual with strong relationship building, negotiating and influencing skills which are able to win difficult stakeholders
- Experience and knowledge in developing and successfully delivering category, procurement and / or contract management strategies; realising cashable and non-cashable benefits.
- Relevant experience as a professional expert in a large complex organisation with expert knowledge in the specialist field.
- Significant experience and knowledge of delivering procurement projects on time and to budget using a structured methodology e.g., PRINCE2
- Understanding of commercial contract terms and conditions.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including influencing skills and ability to develop business networks and work collaboratively.
Please apply below to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity as a Procurement Business Partner.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.