Housing & Support Assistant Nights(30 hours)
Work Location: West London- Uxbridge
Salary: ££16,669.50 per annum
Hours: 30 hours on a shift rota including weekends
Are you a Housing & Support Assistant looking for a new role to start immediately?
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Housing & Support Assistant. This is a permanent role based in a Uxbridge.
About the role:
- Assist with the intake of residents, and when requested - ensure that paperwork and ensuring that the licence agreement and all relevant policies and procedures are signed fully and clearly explained - providing these to a Housing and Support Officer or Coordinator for approval
- Carry out the administrative tasks required when new residents arrive and vacate the service (including allocation and collection of room keys).
- Provide information on rent, and process rental payments
- Assist the Housing and Support team to maximise housing occupancy and minimising voids when requested, including supporting the completion of void inspections and coordinating void repairs
- Record any maintenance issues as they are being reported
- Ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained
- Report all infringements relating to Health and Safety or Fire Regulations immediately or as soon as it is practicable
- Be an appointed Fire Marshal and manage any emergency evacuations of the building and call for assistance from the emergency services where needed.
- Where in place, monitor CCTV cameras throughout the shift - reporting issues or concerns to a Housing and Support Officer or Coordinator, as necessary - or address directly if appropriate
- Accurately record all incidents witnessed and/ or responded to during the shift and prepare reports as required
- Hold a current first aid qualification and act as an appointed person whilst on shift
- Accurately record all accidents and ensure that first aid is administered if required
- Signpost residents to relevant members of staff as needed
- Work with the residents to keep the premises safe and ensure anti-social behaviour is kept to a minimum
- Respond appropriately to incidents of anti-social behaviour, applying current policies, procedures, and legislation as requested by a Housing and Support Officer, Coordinator or Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
General Duties (all sites)
- Welcome people arriving at the housing support service, provide information on support available and pass enquiries on to other staff as appropriate
- Ensure only those with authority gain access to the building by monitoring the entry to and exit from the building and ensuring contractors and visitors are signed in/out
- Operate all the relevant IT systems being used (including but not limited to: Pyramid, Inform, parking control systems, etc).
- Operate the telephone switchboard for the site - if relevant
- Receive, sort, and distribute post and other deliveries
- Follow cashing up procedure throughout the shift and do cash up prior to shift ending
- Liaise with bodies such as police and other emergency services on arrival at the centre as necessary
- Responsible for logging of issuing and return of keys
- Work with cross-departmental staff to provide a smooth-running housing and support service
- Manage the car park as per local arrangements
- Ensure that all information displayed in reception areas is up to date, appropriate, well stocked, and well presented (including posters and promotional leaflets).
To apply for this Housing & Support Assistant Night position, please apply today and we will be in touch with further details.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK or hold a relevant work visa. During the application process, you are required to:
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Proof of ID ( Assistance can be given should you not have any of the above documents)
We also have other Part-time, Full-time, Daily, Long- term and Permanent roles. so if you would like to be considered, please get in touch with us or Apply today
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.