Housing & Support Officer
Responsible to: Housing & Support Manager
Responsible for: None
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week, worked on a rota basis, 4 nights on/4 nights off. Including weekends and bank holidays
Work Location: YMCA Walthamstow Hevitree Court, Rough Sleeper Project
The post holder will lone work within our Rough Sleeper Complex Needs Project and will be responsible for the security and health and safety of both the building and the support of the clients housed in the Project. Carrying out regular patrols of the inside and outside of the building and being the first point of contact for clients on duty. Providing a service of care and support throughout the night.
The vision of YMCA St Paul's Group (YMCASPG) is a Christian charity where people can come as they are; be met at their point of need and come to know life in all its fullness.
YMCA SPG has a growing presence across a number of London Boroughs including Waltham Forest, Kingston, Merton, Richmond, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, as well as in Elmbridge in Surrey and Slough in Berkshire. Services delivered by the Association include bed spaces for nearly 300 people in housing need, Health and Wellbeing services, Youth Support and Advice, Education and Training as well and Children and Families work.
The assessment team are part of YMCA Walthamstow's Housing department. The Housing department also has a Supported Housing team who work with 1200 residents providing support and accommodation in a mixture of hostel, bedsit and shared house accommodation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be the first point of contact for all clients, visitors and staff members.
- To carry out regular patrols of the internal and external parts of the Project building.
- To report any H&S risks or concerns following policies and procedures.
- To monitor entry to and exit from the building.
- To ensure all empty rooms are reported through the voids procedure, taking an active role in reducing the amount of time a room is vacant.
- Updating the Client Management System (Inform) with any relevant reports or information relating to clients of the project.
- Providing care and support to clients during the night hours, maintaining contact with the most vulnerable on a regular basis.
- Respond to all emergencies involving clients of the project, visitors or staff members in line with H&S procedures.
- Use the CCTV equipment for monitoring, checking and recording processes in line with General Data Protection Regulations and Organisational policies.
- Liaise with external agencies such as the Police, Fire Brigade, and Ambulance personnel.
- Record and deal with all incidents of Anti-Social Behaviour.
- Work with the Main Building Night Patrol Team to assist each other in emergencies or as and when needed.
General - All Staff
- Attend all relevant training and development programmes.
- Attend all relevant cross departmental, and Corporate Office meetings as and when required.
- Undertake all duties with regard to the Association's Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy and other policies and procedures adopted by the Association.
- Respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by line manager.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.