Morgan Hunt currently require a Estates Officer (Electrical Bias) for NHS based in South East London
Pay Rate: £28.97ph PAYE which includes WTR
Hours: Shift Pattern 37.5 hrs Mon to Fri -
Location: South East London
Duration 6 months on going contract
Must be able to participate in on-call rota (usually 1 in 4)
Skills: Must have suitable electrical qualifications.
The post holder is responsible for a multi skilled maintenance team serving any of the properties within the Trust. To be responsible for the allocation of work, calibration of Electrical installations, Planned Preventative Maintenance and the breakdown maintenance of all Trust services. Responsible for the health and Safety of staff and contractors by carrying out safe systems of work, Risk and COSHH assessments
Main duties, responsibilities and results areas
- To be responsible for the day to day supervision of all directly employed maintenance staff including grounds, bank and agency employees.
- To pre-plan and issue out PPM and Work Requests on a daily basis.
- As directed by Head of Estates/Maintenance Manager participate in the Trust wide on-call rota system and will be responsible, along with the Estates Team Managers,Estates Officers in planning the on-call rota and shift to ensure a continual 24 hour cover is provided, all as detailed in Trust policy and procedures.
- In accordance with the Trust's SFI's to be responsible for identifying and employing Trust approved contractors to carry out maintenance work in the most efficient and economic manner, including authorisation of payments to contractors and suppliers.
- Responsible for supervision (whilst on site) and management of contractors- ensuring contractors are made aware of any ward procedures (as applicable). Signs off contractor work once it has been deemed to be completed to an acceptable standard, requesting any rework as necessary.
- Support programmes of work and ensure that all maintenance, and other work, carried out by directly employed labour or contractors is of satisfactory, professional and technical standard and is in line with statutory standards, NHS Policy and Trust Standing Orders and Procedures.
- To assist the Trust's Operational Estates Managers and Head of Estates to provide technical advice and recommendations on the Trust's Estate and activities to ensure compliance with statutory standards, legislations, HTM'S, HGN'S and Approved Codes of Practice.
- To raise virements regularly for minor works that are re-charged and when authorised, clear with Finance and arrange for the work to be carried out.
- Maintain liaison and good relationships with other departments and other users of the services provided by the department.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.