Morgan Hunt are currently recruiting for a Housing Needs Officer in North London. This role is to start as soon as possible.
Purpose of Housing Needs Officer role:
- To provide a high quality service for households in housing need irrespective of tenure; emphasis on the prevention/relief of homelessness and the provision of advice and support to achieve best outcomes; engaging with customers to deliver housing services that work for them.
- To help residents improve life chances through the provision of broad and holistic advice which encompasses employment and welfare benefits.
Duties of Housing Needs Officer:
- Advising people with housing needs on issues such as
housing, welfare benefits and employment; signposting them
to appropriate sources of advice and support.
- Carry a case load of clients, working with each household to
prevent and relieve homelessness and offer an individual
and empowering service, via a variety of solutions including
accessing the private sector and supported
- Carry a caseload of clients who have made for an
application for assistance, assessing each case individually
and issuing decisions on these in line with service standards,
- Undertake affordability assessments to enable appropriate
advice to be given to residents about where they can afford
- Carry out and determine homeless assessments -
homelessness, local connection and eligibility
- Carry out and determine homelessness assessments - priority
- Understand and promote a broad range of housing options
via a Personal Housing Plan which enables customers to take
responsibility and make decisions
- Conduct interviews and assessments at various external
locations including client's homes, partner agency offices,
community centres etc
Hourly rate: £18-£19 per hour
Location: North London
This is an on-going role without an exact end date
If you are interested in the Housing Needs Officer vacancy in North London, please apply.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.