Business Analytics Manager, Marketing and Admissions
London, Whitechapel- Hybrid Working
Permanent opportunity offering up to £45,479 Per Annum
My client are an established Higher Education organisation looking for a Business Analytics Manager to work along side the Deputy Head Of Admissions and monitor process efficiencies and operations, use data to identify process issues, inform responsive resource allocation. Establish and report on multi-channel customer service KPIs for operational planning and to inform 'Voice of Customer' framework including establishing joined up applicant feedback initiatives.
Support the development of new programmes through conducting primary and secondary research into competitors, industries, employment opportunities, markets and customer behaviour / motivation, digital behaviours, etc
You will support the development of the marketing attribution model to establish ROI on activities, drive a culture of data informed decision-making, review marketing activities against internal and external benchmarks.
Make informed decision-making through proactively conducting quantitative or qualitative research studies to feed into the VOC framework, fee setting policy and / or bespoke projects as they arise.
Leadership and management responsibilities include line management of staff, taking functional leadership across the institution - working closely with a community of data and insights practitioners, establish and deliver training on area of responsibility.
- Take lead on the coordination of an information hub which will use innovative channels to disseminate knowledge and insights relating to student recruitment
- Keep abreast of innovative techniques in order to deliver the highest possible standards of work across data analytics, market research and campaign and activity evaluation
- Be constantly evaluating the best data sources available to support student recruitment and marketing initiatives
- Have a good knowledge of data sources to understand the internal and external recruitment picture and proactively use this to inform future activities Ideas
- Proactively find solutions and workarounds in meeting business objectives relating to systems and reporting for student recruitment and admissions
- Provide creative solutions in devising different methodologies to solving complex research problems
- Deliver high impact research and analysis outputs using data analysis techniques, data mining, manipulation and reporting
- Pull data from multiple systems to conduct analysis, cleanse data, through either manually or automated processes
- Lead the coordination and delivery of primary, secondary, quantitative and qualitative research projects as directed by the CRM Analytics and Intel Manager
- Ensure all data processes and outputs comply with evolving GDPR, PECR and other relevant regulations. Conduct and review processes to ensure compliance at all times.
- Proactively deliver data and insights through dashboards and regular reports as well as ad-hoc insights to inform day to day projects and activities
- Project manage implementation of new systems or functionality (including producing relevant documentation, monitoring progress, UAT, deployment, etc.)
- Implementation of the NERUPI model, project evaluation and plans and support of WP activities
- Continually assess how research and insights produced are being used by student recruitment professionals, proactively improving outputs to make them more impactful
- Lead in the coordination of impact reports for student recruitment activities as directed by the CRM Analytics and Intl. Manager and other managers in the team
- Proactively collaborate with marketing and student recruitment professionals to understand how outputs of the team can best inform activities
- Clearly identify use of research before commissioning or investing in projects
- Support quality assurance activities and projects to ensure data integrity is of the highest standards across all systems used in the team
A successful Business Analytics Manager will have:
- Ability to manipulate and analyse complex data (quantitative and qualitative), present trends and communicate findings in user-friendly reports and presentations
- Strong understanding of the Higher Education landscape and student recruitment data
- Experience of working with a range of partners at senior level across the school, higher education and further education sectors
- Proficient use of statistics packages, such as SPSS, databases like MOSAIC/ACORN and other geo-demographic packages
- Experience of Tableau and Power BI is advantageous
- Experience of project management
- Experience of CRM and Marketing analytics
- Experience of working within the Higher Education sector and knowledge of application and admissions processes
- Experience of line management and developing a team
- Excellent IT skills including spreadsheets, email, word processing, form building, databases and CRM systems
- Ability to build up and assimilate good product knowledge across the range of degree programmes on offer
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and meet deadlines
- Confident and able to network and influence effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including suppliers and academic and Professional
- Services colleagues at all levels
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.