Interim Technical Digital & IT Project Manager
£400 - £450 Per Day
My client are a well established public sector organisation who are looking for a Project Manager.
Your purpose is to manage key CDIO projects, including the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope.
Your role will oversee all aspects of project delivery, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities and monitoring progress, informing the Digital and IT Delivery Lead on the status of the projects.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility, ensuring any adaptation to the Service Tower provision is structured, measured and has defined milestones to ensure operational efficiency and enhanced customer experience.
- Ensure that assigned projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop and maintain assigned project schedules and plans to monitor and track progress and measure project performance.
- Control and report on CDIO project risks and issues in line with project policy, ensuring that mitigation activities, timelines and communications are agreed.
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques, reporting and escalating to management as needed.
- Create and manage project Quality Assurance plans to ensure a consistent and high degree of quality is reflected in the project delivery, in alignment with the Council's PMO Hub and Spoke principles.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Ensure budgetary objectives are met and make adjustments to project scope based on financial analysis.
What you need for the role:
- Proven track record for defining, planning, executing, controlling and closing projects and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Experience of managing the complete lifecycle of project(s)
- Experience of delivering projects in a controlled environment for medium to large sized projects
- Particular experience of delivering network and/or application related Projects.
- Particular knowledge and experience of delivery infrastructure projects.
- Evidence of creating and maintaining project and programme plans and schedules, including management of risks, issues, actions, and dependencies
- Experience of benefits and dependency mapping, risk management and resource planning
- Experience of programme and project level financial management
- Experience of defining and delivering benefits realisation for projects and programme training and coaching of Project Managers and PMO staff
- Experienced in providing project communications, updates and presentations aimed at stakeholders at project boards
- Previous public sector experience is desirable
What you get in return:
£400-£450 Per Day
What you need to do next:
Apply by forwarding your most updated CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.