My client are a Further Education organisation that have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Technologist to join their team and maintain and provide advice, customer service and technical support for teaching and delivery staff on the use of learning technologies including Microsoft 365 Apps and Moodle.
Offering £35,147-£41,729 per annum (Inclusive of London weighting)
Onsite to begin then moving into Hybrid working- role based in North London - (Hybrid working negotiable)
The purpose of the role:
Promoting, enhancing, and advancing learning technologies within the College.
- Provide pedagogic advice, guidance, encouragement in line with the ETF Teaching Standards to support staff involved in teaching on the use of technology. Use pedagogical approaches to support the development of online learning and teaching capabilities of the College, including the creation of online courses and digital resources in collaboration with teaching and support staff.
- Assist teaching and delivery staff with developing their practice around the use of Digital Learning and Assessment platforms.
- Act as deputy to the Head of Teaching & Learning & Quality Improvement regarding all matters pertaining to Technological Enhanced Learning. Provide technical advice to SLT and academic staff as required.
- Support the college's Reflective Practitioner process and use pedagogical expertise to support staff involved in teaching to design the structure of online content, individual learning activities and entire courses to support delivery and enhance students learning experiences.
- Drive technology enhanced learning through staff/student training, developing interactive training materials on using a range E-Learning tools (web-based, apps, devices, software, video, and audio) and support staff in exploring, adopting, and becoming confident with E- Learning tools.
- Contribute to the promotion, piloting, evaluation, and implementation of educational change projects and sharing results across the College.
As a Teaching & Learning Technologist, you will:
- Maintain and provide advice, customer service and technical support for teaching and delivery staff on the use of learning technologies including Microsoft 365 Apps and Moodle.
- Design and implement staff development activities to enhance the skills of teaching and delivery staff in the use of teaching, learning and assessment technologies and to disseminate good practice in the design and delivery of learning.
- Work cohesively with Teaching Learning Development and Innovation Manager, Leads in Teaching Excellence and Teaching and Learning Coaches and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues across the College.
- Lead on the research and testing of new learning technologies including mobile devices.
What you need to be a successful Teaching & Learning Technologist:
- Qualification in teaching and learning or training.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Sound pedagogic knowledge of instructional learning design (including accessibility) to enhance blended and online learning.
- Understanding of current e-Learning developments within Higher and Further Education and their impact.
- Proven knowledge of supporting and using technology that support teaching and learning, including:
- Office 365 Applications
- Anti-plagiarism software e.g. Turnitin
- Be able to design and implement staff development activities to enhance the skills of teaching and delivery staff in the use of learning technologies and to disseminate good practice in the design and delivery of learning.
- Ability to produce easy to understand instructional video and use video production equipment with sound knowledge of encoding for a variety of different formats and devices.
- Create high quality online teaching materials and assessment frameworks.
- Working in and a strong understanding of the Education sector
- Excellent understanding of iOS and Android platforms
- A commitment to learn new skills and to keep abreast of the latest e-Learning and pedagogic developments.
- Use of E-learning authoring tools such as Articulate and Storyline.
- The ability to apply own research to develop learning and assessment practice cross college.
- Act as mentor or change agent for staff who wish to introduce technology into their teaching practice - co-developing pedagogic approaches in response to agreed framework
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.