I have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to join a leading not for profit organisation who have a strong reputation for investing and developing in people. This enterprise organisation strives to have a culture of collaboration.
This is a hybrid role of 2 days per week based in their offices in London, paying £63,000 per annum.
As the Senior Network Engineer, you will oversee and administer the operations of the network infrastructure and services on a day-to-day basis. You will be working closely with the Service Desk, Service Delivery and Architecture teams, as well as the wider Technology Department, effectively supporting and administering the full life-cycle of network infrastructure operations, services, projects, and initiatives.
Responsibilities as a Senior Network Engineer
- Delivering the Network Annual Continuous Service Improvement Plan and managing and maintaining the Network Infrastructure Work Plan.
- Take ownership of network infrastructure operations & services, and monitoring & managing networking related tickets on ServiceNow
- Support project delivery and operational change by creating and reviewing change requests.
- Be the lead on network infrastructure related security, maintenance, performance, capacity, and lifestyle management.
- Produce reports on network infrastructure operations, services, and major incidents.
- Maintain network monitoring and reporting systems.
- Work with team colleagues and deliver training and skills.
- Maintain the network infrastructure by ensuring effective security and governance, including backups, resilience, and DR arrangements.
- Work with junior network engineers and ensure there is effective training and utilisation including monitoring, incident triage and response and leave cover.
Skills and experience
- Must have Cisco CCNP certification.
- Experience across the Cisco database including Enterprise, Checkpoint, Meraki, ISE, Umbrella and DNA is desirable.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools.
- Cloud and Virtual networking with Azure, AWS, and VMware.
- Scripting and automation experience.
- Experience of managing complex LAN, WAN infrastructure and data centre operations.
- Experience of Cisco switch upgrades, testing and migrations.
- Change management processes.
- Excellent demand management, planning, organisation, and prioritisation skills.
- Experience of ITIL environments and processes, preferably using ServiceNow.
- Experience with Citrix ADC, Ansible and Python would be beneficial.
- Self-driven and resourceful
- Organised and methodical
- Calm, resilient and able to manage in pressurised situations and able to make decisions in challenging circumstances.
- Ability to travel on occasion as required to other offices in order to carry out the role.
This is a permanent opportunity, paying £63,000 per annum. A hybrid role, working 2 days in the office based in London. Good company benefits including 29 days holiday bank holidays, good pension scheme and other benefits. A friendly and collaborative team, with opportunity to train and grow, and exposure to strong enterprise technology.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.