Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
Curriculum Manager - ICT, Media and Arts
Location: South London
Are you looking for a new challenge within education and are motivated to support student development and have previous experience of managing a team? Morgan Hunt are working with a fantastic FE College in South London to recruit a Curriculum Manager - ICT, Media and Arts.
Reporting into the Director, you will be instrumental in leading and inspiring a team to promote positive outcomes, as well as use your expert knowledge to develop the curriculum, facilitating and contributing to improvements in the provision of teaching and learning achievements.
Main responsibility of the Curriculum Manager - ICT, Media and Arts:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the departments vision.
- To lead on and meet the agreed progression target for ICT, Media and Arts
- Organise, monitor and supervise the efficient operation of ICT, Media and Arts
- To support staff to deliver outstanding teaching and learning across ICT, Media and Arts.
- Operational management of ICT, Media and Arts
- Establish and maintain strong links with employers.
- To lead, manage and develop an outstanding curriculum to prepare learners for progression in their future workplace.
- To monitor and act upon poor attendance, punctuality and behaviour.
- Monitor, report on and make timely interventions to support "at risk" learners to improve student success and progression.
- Contribute to improving teaching and learning within ICT, Media and Arts by completing learning walks, lesson observations and CPD to drive up standards.
- Develop timetables and implement a cover rota to ensure all lessons are adequately covered.
- Line manage teaching staff within ICT, Media and Arts to develop and foster a performance driven culture.
- To organise and chair meetings, ensuring the highest quality of communication and smooth running of the department.
- Comply with health and safety policy and procedures.
- Share in the College's commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Awareness and active promotion of the College's Equality and Diversity Policy
The successful Curriculum Manager - ICT, Media and Arts will be:
- Educated to a degree level or have an appropriate professional qualification.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification.
- Experience and specialist knowledge within either ICT, Media or Arts
- Proven evidence of identifying, developing and implementing new approaches within a department
- Can show an ability to develop and maintain links with education.
- Experience and knowledge of leading, coaching and recruiting staff within an education and training environment.
- Experience in developing curriculum and ability to establish and monitor a high quality of lesson delivery.
- Experience of implementing quality assurance processes
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Proven organisation skills and meeting deadlines in a timely manner
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Knowledge and commitment to Equality and Diversity
- Knowledge and commitment to Safeguarding and Prevent
If you are looking for a role in South London, and you are passionate about influencing the quality of curriculum and learning within education and training, while managing a successful team, please contact the Morgan Hunt Leadership and Interim Management Team
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.