Find out more about this organisation on their careers site
We have a current opportunity for a Release Counselling Coordinator (24 hours) on a permanent basis.
South Ealing and Slough although may be required to work at any YMCA St Paul's Group locations.
Responsible for the day to day operational delivery of the Community Counselling Service (a self-funded counselling service for the general public) and the therapeutic services to YMCA housing residents, within a defined geographical area. Liaising with staff at the YMCA SPG hostels, to enable them to support residents' wellbeing, and ensuring a holistic and multi-disciplinary approach. Undertaking clinical assessments for potential clients. To provide line management supervision for the Volunteer Counsellors and to liaise with the Clinical Supervisors on a regular basis. To ensure the systems and functions for Release Counselling operate professionally, ethically and within the aims and ethos of the YMCA St Paul's Group and the BACP Ethical Framework. Excellent communication skills are required to be able to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, both externally and internally. To develop, embed and ensure that the services offered are professional, held in high regard and fully integrated.
- Proactively engage with staff to promote the tiered therapeutic services available to residents
- To deliver awareness raising sessions, group work and Single Session Therapy with residents
- To undertake clinical assessments for all potential clients
- To provide line management supervision for the Volunteer Counsellors
- To allocate clients to counsellors taking into account Volunteer Counsellors level of clinical experience
- To support the Counselling Lead in the recruitment of Volunteer Counsellors
- To be the point of contact for Release Clinical Supervisors for matters pertaining to Volunteer Counsellors, including risk and safeguarding concerns
- To take referrals by telephone, emails and mail.
- To manage the referral process from start to finish; making assessment appointments, dealing with cancellations, liaising with individuals, parents /carers and counsellors, ensuring appropriate communication with the Counselling Lead, Volunteer Counsellors, support services and where appropriate signposting to other services.
- Liaising with other statutory and voluntary agencies to promote multi agency working and to promote the work of the YMCA
- To have a good understanding of outcome measures, in particular CORE 10 - in its application and interpreting the data
- Ensure the databases for the service are accurate and up to date at all times
- To research and prepare papers for commissioned services and any other necessary reporting documentation.
- To ensure the data for KPIs is being inputted correctly
- To prepare the statistics for KPIs
- To develop and support the marketing of Release Counselling
- To liaise with outside organisations, schools, voluntary sector, local authority and counselling organisations as and when required
- To ensure that administration support is in place for all volunteers; ensure all data and the contacts database is kept up to date i.e. information, personnel, staff training, appraisal and spreadsheets, making sure that GDPR guidelines are adhered to and online diaries are kept accurately
- To be familiar with payment system and financial processes used at St Paul's Group and Corporate office for payment and cash handling.
- Excellent verbal and written skills for producing guidance documents, promotional materials, policies and information and liaising with clients and other professionals.
Team working and Co-operation
- Flexibility and enthusiasm to work with others in achieving team goals and objectives and responsive to new challenges.
Planning and Organising Activities
- Prioritisation and organisational skills to achieve your team's tasks and activities.
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Ability to follow standard procedures, to develop new systems and bring fresh ideas to analyse and gather information, to apply methods of investigation, and to collect data from different sources.
Interpersonal and Relationship Building
- Ability to create effective and supportive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to respond empathically to feedback from clients and service users and to make changes to improve services.
Integrity and Ethical Behaviour
- Understand the Christian aims and purposes of the YMCA: the values of the organisation, our commitment to equality and diversity, the nature of its activities and programmes, commitment to improving the lives of adults, young people, children and families. Understand the aims and purposes of Release counselling.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply today!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.