Special Educational Needs Lecturer
Salary: £30,859 - £39,737 (pro rata)
Closing Date: 17/03/2023 23:59
Terms and Conditions: 21 hours, 0.6, Permanent
Lewisham College is a further education and training College who requires a dedicated and qualified person to take on the role of Special Educational Needs Lecturer.
The main duties of Special Educational Needs Lecturer include;
- The delivery and assessment of high quality learning programmes in additional needs, in particular for the Schools Links programme
- Undertaking a range of course leadership, tutorial and programme administration duties
This Special Educational Needs Lecturer requires;
- A strong background in Supported Learning and the candidate must have record of professional / vocational expertise in the SEND sector
- Working with learners to produce food for our cafes so catering experience and knowledge of food hygiene is essential.
- Experience within the further education and training sector
The Special Educational Needs Lecturer must;
- Be qualified to honours degree level (Level 6) or qualified to the industry-recognised standard in a relevant field
- Hold a post-16 teaching qualification
- English and maths qualifications at level 2, or be willing to achieve these within a specific timeframe
- Have an ability to self-manage workload, meet deadlines alongside strong oral and written communication skills and good IT skills are also essential
- The hours of work will be flexible and may include evening and weekends according to demand
- Lead by example to set suitable standards for students and colleagues alike
The Supported Learning department is a well-respected and positive place to work, where colleagues work effectively as a team to ensure all stakeholders get the best value from every aspect of the curriculum.
About The College
Lewisham College is a large further education and training college in London and we're proud of our reputation for producing knowledgeable, successful students with great employment potential. We offer an exciting range of work-focused courses, and provide a friendly learning environment where talent is recognised.
We have achieved excellent results, but we know that we can only continue our success, and grow, by recruiting and retaining the best possible talent. We set out to employ staff with a genuine passion for further education and a desire to ensuring all students achieve their potential, whatever barriers they need to overcome. Our people make a real difference not only to the lives of students, but also to local employers and the wider community.
Every colleague has a valuable and important part to play here and all of our employees are well-supported. We offer a wide range of staff development programmes and benefits all designed to enable our people to continually improve and reward them for their hard work and dedication. If you have a passion for education and its power to improve lives, and want to inspire young people and adults, we'd love to welcome you to our team.
Lewisham College is dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share in this dedication.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.