Commercial Risk Manager
Morgan Hunt is an award winning, specialist recruitment consultancy, with more than 25 years of success as a leading market provider in a variety of industries in the public, private and not for profit sectors.
We understand the benefits of flexible working, so we offer hybrid working options. We offer full autonomy and trust as we understand everyone works differently. Our management team understands how to help both experienced and new recruiters flourish, they're focused on results rather than KPI tracking. Our market leading CRM system will allow you to streamline your day. We have high growth plans; grow your individual desk and business as the company grows.
Morgan Hunt is currently recruiting for a Commercial Risk Manager to join our business. The role will involve working closely with our CFO & CEO. You will plan, design and implement an overall Risk Management Strategy for the Organisation.
Location: London with Hybrid working
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
- Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process for the organisation
- Manage company's risk register including quantification of 'risk appetite' i.e. level of risk the company is prepared to accept
- Report risk in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the Board of Directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks
- Carry out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures, and creating/maintaining business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong
- Conduct audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with external auditors & Regulatory authorities
- Undertake investigations that may arise following complaints or audit failures
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness and information security within the organisation.
- Oversee the Group Information Security framework and liaise with external DPO on all matters related to Data Retention and Security
- Execute a program of regular sample checks and controls testing into the recruitment process, 'deep dives' and more broadly-based thematic reviews - working in conjunction with the functional and divisional heads. Reviews will cover the business's recruitment process for contractual and legal compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining and running our annual ISO audits (including 9001 & 14001) ensuring that the company retains accreditation's.
- Lead project for accreditation to ISO 22301 (Business Continuity Management) and ensure retention thereafter
- Report on Management Information to vendor and framework clients
- Become an expert in Morgan Hunt Policies & Procedures, external legislation, Client Contract requirements and regulatory requirements to ensure a sound understanding of the different and varied compliance requirements. Carry out regular audits and checks to ensure compliance to company policies.
- Create and update audit tools for new contract wins and amendments to requirements
- Focus on continuous improvement with regard to processes and standards
- Contribute or produce ad hoc compliance projects - including spot audits
Supply Chain Management
- Take a lead on the development of processes and procedures to enhance the quality and compliance of the entire network of delivery suppliers
- Manage and develop the supply chain to ensure they meet all contractual key performance indicators and service standards.
- Carry out annual audits of umbrella providers
- Lead the relationship with all key external suppliers from a risk and compliance standpoint
- Holding review meetings with suppliers to ensure that quality and service levels are met
- Assist with supplier negotiations in respect to contractual issues and KPIs
- Provide training and support to suppliers when required
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Resilience and tenacity with ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Risk Management or internal audit
- Able to compile reports, analyse, interpret and interrogate data (making relevant recommendations)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - approachable, helpful, enthusiastic and responsive and good communicator
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent level of IT skills, including Excel and windows based systems
- Desire to learn and improve standards
- Knowledge of Information Security (including GDPR legislation) and Operational Resilience / BCP operational practices
- Ability to identify and assess the adequacy of controls frameworks and make appropriate control recommendations
- Ability to constructively challenge where appropriate, including senior levels, and add value by working with them to enhance their business controls
Desired Skills / Experience
- Understanding of compliance and the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 and Employment Agencies Act 1973, including all subsequent amendments
- Experience of working in recruitment industry
Benefits & Perks:
We care about your well-being and want you to feel motivated and appreciated. To reward you for your hard work we have lots of Benefits & Perks.
- Matched Pension contribution up to 5%
- Hybrid working options - A mixture of Homeworking and Offices
- Quarterly Awards with prizes varying from a bottle of champagne to International travel
- Regular Socials with the team
- Season Ticket Loans
- Summer and Christmas Party
- 1 additional day awarded for each full year's service- Maximum 5 additional days.
- Day off on your Morgan Hunt Birthday.
- Sabbatical after 5 years service
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.