Morgan Hunt is working with an Education organisation based in London in search of a HR Officer, who can hit the ground running!
This role would best suit someone with a comprehensive HR background including recruitment and has experience with ER cases. The Education organisation is a medium to large sized with a very supportive team. This is a standalone position so there is a lot of potential for gaining new skills and you will receive a lot of support and guidance from the wider team. This role is based mainly on-site, and they are looking for someone with the passion to further their skills and experience within HR.
Role: HR Officer
Length of contract: 1 year FTC (Maternity Cover)
Pay: £30,000 - £36,000
Days: 5 days per week
Location: 5 days in the office located in South East London
Your role of HR Officer will include:
- You will support the organisations day-to-day recruitment needs by creating job adverts, scheduling, and booking interviews, liaise with the candidates and produce the recruitment panel packs.
- You will liaise with an external Payroll provider to process Payroll. You will need to prepare monthly spreadsheets with the correct data to ensure all staff get paid correctly.
- You will be responsible for making sure all staff are compliant and ensure any external users of the organisation are also in line with DBS procedures and health and safety guidelines.
- General HR administrative duties such as keeping files up to date, producing letters (Contracts, maternity, holiday entitlement etc…), process any staff changes within the college providing the correct documentation.
- Reporting and data management using the hr information system to make sure electronic employee records are accurate and up to date.
- Provide generalist first line HR advice to line managers to ensure compliance with employment legislation as well as a positive employee relations climate, referring to HR support as necessary.
- Support with the coordination of employee relations casework in conjunction with HR colleagues e.g. note taking at grievance and disciplinary meetings, arranging absence and capability meetings etc.
- Coordinate and oversee the staff induction process and ensure that it is effectively managed and to provide a HR induction.
- Support line managers through the performance management process as required.
- Provide advice on training and development and arrange relevant training.
- An Enhanced DBS (can be done on appointment)
- Right to work in the UK
- Willing or working towards a HR qualification such as a CIPD
Experience/skills needed for the HR Officer position:
- Experience as a HR Officer/Advisor/Coordinator/Admin Level
- Ideally has experience working within an education environment (desirable)
- Able to prioritise workload and hit deadlines
- High level of knowledge with MS Office
- Experience of using an HR Database
- Experience of taking minutes for meetings
- Keen to learn and further develop own skills
- Experience of processing Pensions and Payroll with an external provider
- Helpful, approachable and positive nature and ability to stay calm and diplomatic under pressure
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with:
- Mentorship and a strong development culture
- Wider Organisation support
- Support from peers
- Feel inspired through the work you provide to help to the future generations
- Amazing benefits package e.g. Holiday (25 days)
This role is ideally starting ASAP, if you are an experienced HR Officer (or similar) on a months' notice or less and have a passion for HR or to help young people (or both!), then this could be the organisation for you! Please apply for more information - this role will close earlier if the right candidate is found.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.