Job Title: Narrative Designer and Ghostwriter
Organisation: NFP Think Tank
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Hybrid - London, UK (with occasional international travel)
Salary: Up to £50,000 DOE
Are you passionate about creating impactful narratives that shape the future? Do you excel at crafting compelling stories that captivate and inspire? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join a leading independent think tank as a Narrative Designer and Ghostwriter.
About the Organisation:
Our client is a prominent think tank dedicated to analysing and forecasting technology-driven disruption and its implications for society. They provide data-driven analyses that help leaders make pivotal choices across various sectors. Their mission is to offer a map and compass that reveal the reality of today and the possibilities of tomorrow. Through scientific evidence, inspiration, and support, they aim to guide humanity towards the best possible future.
As a Narrative Designer and Ghostwriter, you will work closely with the organisation's founders and key team members to transform ideas into powerful storytelling. You will ghost-write and edit a wide range of materials, including whitepapers, books, articles, reports, presentations, podcasts, and videos, with the aim of creating high global impact. Whether starting from raw concepts or refining existing work, you will craft compelling narratives and written pieces that convey complex ideas. You'll thrive in a creative, pioneering science environment where big ideas are the norm and the mission is everything.
Key Responsibilities of the Narrative Designer and Ghostwriter:
- Collate ideas, concepts, and thought pieces into coherent narratives and outlines.
- Edit and ghostwrite reports, whitepapers, articles, blogs, and journals.
- Create or coordinate the production of visual concepts to express ideas and research outcomes.
- Proactively manage the writing and creative pipeline across multiple projects.
- Coordinate and manage creative work to produce final outputs.
Skills, Experience, and Attributes:
- Excellent storytelling skills, with the ability to write intelligent, compelling content for a professional or scientific audience.
- Strong editing skills and experience in creating content for technical, scientific, or professional audiences.
- Highly creative, able to sketch visuals that illustrate complex concepts alongside written work.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and transforming rough ideas into compelling structures and narratives.
- Well-read and possess a strong interest in science, history, and sociology.
- High degree of empathy, pragmatism, patience, and a desire to drive progress.
- Generalist mindset with a broad range of knowledge.
Joining this organisation means embracing their values and contributing to their vision. You'll have the opportunity to work closely with the founders, researchers, and the wider team to deliver projects with global impact. Your work will help create a significant impact and enable the organisation to fulfill its mission.
If you are a talented storyteller, skilled editor, and passionate about science communication, we invite you to apply within. Help shape the future through the power of narratives and join us on this exciting journey.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.