Morgan Hunt are currently working with a hospital based in Epsom, in their search for Catering Assistants. The role is an exciting opportunity for a domestic assistant who has experience within the Public and Health Sectors.
As a domestic assistant, you will assist the organisation in providing both Patients, Staff and Visitors with a high quality person centred and safe catering service, by assisting with the preparation of food stuffs and contributing to the operation and cleanliness of kitchens, dining rooms and associated equipment whilst supporting the production, portioning, distribution and service of the meals and snacks.
Job Title: Catering Assistant
Job Type: Temporary Ongoing
Shifts: 15:00 to 19:00, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Start Date: ASAP
- Present a catering service to patients and staff.
- Assist in the preparation of meals and services for patients, staff, visitors, external clients and
- hospitality functions.
- Clean crockery, cutlery, utensils, containers and small scale equipment manually and through
- machine washers.
- Clean floors, work surfaces, furnishings and related equipment manually and by use of machine.
- Prepare and present sandwiches within the remit of the Catering department.
- Assist Chef's with basic food preparation and cooking.
- Prepare and deliver ward stores and supplies to wards and departments.
- Clean and prepare ward food trolleys for meal service.
- Deliver food service trolley to wards.
- Assist with the cleaning, stocking and recording of vending machines
- Recording of food waste after each meal
- Appropriate disposal of waste as per waste management policy
- Comply with food hygiene regulations with regard to food service equipment cleaning and
- departmental cleanliness
- Comply with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points, ensuring all relevant paper work is
- High personal hygiene standards
- Previous experience in catering/cleaning
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Experience working in a team environment
- Able to travel and work unsocial hours
- Happy to work in a hospital environment with a close proximity to patients
- No facial hair, piercings or jewellery
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.