We have a current opportunity for a Building service manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in North West London.
The purpose of the post is to work in conjunction with the Maintenance Shift Leaders and the
Head Of Building Services to manage the in-house Maintenance Team to deliver the reactive
and pre-planned maintenance Of the estate.
As well as the in-house maintenance team, you will manage specialist contractors who are
employed to carry out reactive maintenance tasks, planned maintenance works and also
project tasks on the campus.
In the absence Of the Head Of Building Services you will be responsible for all Maintenance &
Building Services issues ensuring rapid resolution.
Oversee tendering and on boarding Of service contracts, as well as completing
tenders for project works.
Organise training for the Maintenance team as required and ensure all staff work safely,
whilst passing on your own key skills and expertise.
Focus on energy efficiency and sustainability, using the Schools BMS and AM&T systems to
identify energy saving opportunities in a drive to reduce our carbon emissions.
Ensuring compliance-based works and associated documentation is up to date and stored
correctly. For example:
Electrical Compliance (FWT, PAT & Emergency Lighting).
You will work closely with the Estates Helpdesk Manager to ensure tasks are completed
efficiently and clear lines Of communication are maintained with key stakeholders
throughout the department.
- City and Guilds Level 2 & 3 in at least one discipline of engineering.
- NVQ level 3 in a recognised trade
- Experience leading maintenance team members
- Experience working with all systems relating to the management of buildings.
- Proven management skills and experience.
- Experience in leading maintenance team members within a similar environment
- Ability and track record of planning, delivering and reporting.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Experience working in a customer service environment.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.