Medical Engineering Technician
Pay Rate: £20.71ph to £25.54ph PAYE Includes WTR
Location: South East London
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Duration: 3 months on going contract
Full Training Provide for suitable candidates
Morgan Hunt are seeking an Medical Engineering Technician to work within a leading NHS trust, located in South East London.
The Post Holder will be responsible for commissioning, maintenance, calibration and repair of a wide range of medical diagnostic and therapeutic devices, within the NHS Trust, including community
- He/she will also be responsible for their own work and monitoring Contractors (in the EBME Supervisors absence), and the implementation of Quality Assurance Procedures, as required.
- Orientation training will be given in the specialised field of Biomedical Engineering followed by specific device courses.
- Equipment covered comprises both Medical Devices and Laboratory Instrumentation, including electronic, electrical, mechanical, computer software and medical gas systems.
Key Result Areas & Performance:
- Provide specialized clinical technical services for preventative maintenance, servicing, inspection and repair to a wide range of complex and patient-critical medical devices and laboratory equipment.
- Communicate with clinical users and laboratory staff to gain a clear understanding of the nature of problems with equipment. Assess the seriousness and implications of the problem and respond appropriately to the urgency of the user request.
- Undertake advanced fault-finding. Apply suitable fault-finding techniques to diagnose problems, including those beyond the scope of manufacturer supplied information. Report novel fault conditions to manufacturers. Exercise judgement to determine the causes of faults in devices with multiple complex and inter-related systems (e.g. electronic, computer and mechanical systems), which may be due to user error, equipment failure or environmental issues (e.g. temperature, RF interference).
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.