Morgan Hunt are currently working with a Hospital based in North London, in their search for Porters. The role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Porter, who has experience within the Public and Heath Sectors.
As a Porter, you will help in assisting the hospitals shift facilities manager in providing an efficient portering/courier service. You will be responsible for carrying out general portering duties which include moving and transporting patients between departments, assisting medical staff with the admission and discharge of patients and the transportation of goods, sterile supplies, food orders and linens and more.
Job Title: Porter (Non C&R)
Location: North London
Job Type: Temporary - ongoing
Start Date: ASAP
- Moving patients between departments
- Moving/changing medical gas cylinders
- Collection and delivery of specimens
- Delivery of Electro Biomedical Equipment to wards.
- Movement of beds, bedding, furniture and other equipment.
- Deliver crash trolley to resuscitation incidents
- Delivery of sterile supplies, food orders and linen out of normal hours
- Collection of sensitive waste items and deliver to the incinerator
- Transport of patients within the hospital site. This will on occasion involve assisting with lifting patients. Always carry out heavy physical tasks in accordance with manual handling training.
- To respond to fire alarms as part of the fire response team, and meet and direct the fire brigade to the source of the alarm.
- To respond to crash (resuscitation) calls. To collect and deliver crash trolleys and equipment to the resuscitation team, and assist them in moving the patient.
- To assist the courier staff with the sorting of all mail as and when necessary.
- To arrange and make withdrawals of linen and other stores at times when regular staff are not in attendance.
- Previous experience in portering
- Good customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation
- Experience working in a team environment
- Good physical fitness
- Standard DBS Check (we can process one if needed)
- Able to travel and work unsocial hours
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.