We have a current opportunity for a Subject Access Coordinator on a temporary basis. The position will be based in Middlesex. For further information about this position please apply.
The post holder will report to the Subject Access Team Leader and will assist with the day to day Subject Access health records service across the hospital. Coordinating and working with the administrative team monitoring all aspects of work within the Subject Access Service.
The post holder will monitor work performance of the administrators and respond to daily service issues and ensure that systems in place are working efficiently and effectively, resolving any local issues. You must be able to deal with communication issues and be sensitive and supportive when needed. Follow informal and formal staff meetings where necessary making sure that staff conducts themselves professionally at all times.
The post holder will need to make independent decisions on how best to meet service demands when the Team Leader is unavailable.
The post holder will, in conjunction with the Team Leader will assist with relevant changes within the department and accommodate recommendations by the Information Governance team as well as CQC reviews. This will involve determining performance indicators and monitoring performance against these including identification of staff training needs.
- Provide effective daily administration support within the service. Ensure there is effective communication amongst the team, ensuing all subject access requests are recorded in real time.
- All Solicitor and Police requests should be logged, recorded and updated on Datix Rich Client Database separately, keeping it up to date and closing requests when records are posted.
- Log and update Datix Rich Client on each request, keeping it up to date and closing when records are posted.
- Ensuring the integrity of medical records by redacting, checking all electronic systems available including, Epro, Gcis, Symphony, System1, Ice, PAS, and other services where paper records may be kept separately.
- Monitor the Subject Access service, checking all requests are dealt with and all phone requests are dealt with and closed.
- All Solicitor and Police requests should be recorded on Datix Rich Client Database separately.
- Monitor the one calendar month time frame and escalate any request that is due to breach.
- Ensuring there is an adequate workforce at all times to meet operational needs and arranging cover where appropriate through the day to day management of the service.
- Be a point of contact for Subject Access queries working across divisions to ensure the service is reactive to service needs and where to escalate a request.
- Maintain equal workloads amongst the team and staff any shortfalls accordingly.
- Deal effectively with all types of requests or complaints which can be off a sensitive nature from wards or other departments.
- Follow the clinical incident reporting process where necessary.
- Ensure all telephone enquiries are answered appropriately with good customer service.
- Ensure the integrity of the health records copied and scanned is in order.
- Maintain patient confidentiality by ensuring that the patient records entrusted to the post holder are not left unattended.
- Ensure relevant policies and procedures are followed and alert other staff to these if not followed.
- Communicate with other departments across sites, maintaining key working relationships.
- In conjunction with the Information Governance management, follow staff assessment and training programmes.
- In conjunction with the Information Governance management action the performance management or disciplinary policy when there is an area of concern regarding an employee's conduct or capability.
- In conjunction with the Information Governance management follow any appropriate Trust recommendations in particular the IG Toolkit standards, and CQC reviews.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
£13 to £14 PH Plus holiday pay
DBS check required
Ideal candidate: NHS experience / Data protection / SARS background
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.