We have a current opportunity for a Part Time Youth Worker on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Northolt.
We welcome everyone, strive for excellence in all we do, inspire hope in others for what they might achieve and strive to grow and develop both people and places.
Duties and Responsibilities
Youth session lead/support
- To attend work at specified hours as a responsible adult and assist with the setting up, packing down and running of activities for the children, young people and families.
- To encourage and support individual young people in working towards any outcomes that they have set.
- To help plan and prepare activities for youth centre users, using clear outcomes and objectives and our monitoring and evaluation tools to ensure sessions meet industry and organisational standards of practice.
- To assist/lead with briefings and evaluations before and after each session.
- To take on the role of lead youth worker on sessions they are leading, reporting to the youth programmes officer for support where needed.
- To be responsible for opening up and closing the building when appropriate.
- To be aware of and ensure best practice is outworked for; First Aid, Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Data protection procedures at all times.
- Actively look for networking and outreach opportunities with partners and young people in the community, attending community events, offsite outreach opportunities and sessions.
- Ability to positively engage with residents of the YMCA, supporting them where appropriate.
- Ability to work as one team across the YMCA, positively using initiative to work with Health and wellbeing, housing and facilities teams.
- Use monitoring and evaluation systems to record and track young people's attendance and key contact information.
- Work in partnership/collaboration with other YMCA SPG departments using the centres and faculties and offices.
General - All Staff
- Able to proficiently use IT systems, including working with databases, Microsoft office, email, internet.
- Attend all relevant training and development programmes.
- Attend all relevant cross departmental, and Corporate Office meetings as and when required.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by line manager.
Additional Contract Specific Information
- You will be working as part of the RAF Benevolent Fund specifically but not solely with young people and children whose families are working within Royal Air Force.
- You will be required to work closely with the RAF Community Development Officer.
- There will be specific site requirements that must be followed in alignment with RAF protocol and security measures.
Scope and Limits of Authority
The post-holder will work within established guidelines, using initiative to handle most queries and refer to the Youth Work Programs Officer on any other matters.
If you're an experience Youth Worker looking for a part time role, please apply today and we will be in touch!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.