We have a current opportunity for a Fire Safety Manager on a long term temporary basis. Basic details below, please get in touch for a full JD or to apply:
1. Compile and regularly review the fire risk management policy for approval by the Trust Board.
2. Prepare, write and present to the Trust Health and Safety Committee and the Executive Management Committee an annual report detailing the progress of work carried out each year.
3. Prepare, write, implement and monitor the Trusts' Fire Safety Strategies / Policies and procedures including provision for Fire Response teams and any other that require fire safety interaction.
4. Monitor, by regular inspection, risk assessment and audit, the fire safety standards in Trust premises to identify all deviations from current legislation and codes of practice.
5. Apply the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order & NHS Firecode by ensuring that fire risk assessment of all Trust premises are completed and recorded to the satisfaction of the local fire authority and to maintain and improve, where necessary, fire safety provisions identified by that assessment.
6. Report on legislative changes, providing advice for Trust managers, Architects, M&E consultants and other contractors.
7. Highlight the need for additional funding where fire safety standards fall below standards set by current legislation and codes of practice.
8. Prioritise fire safety improvements, decide upon acceptable timescales to meet current standards and evaluate against available funding.
9. Establish and monitor an efficient reporting system to ensure that accurate records of all fire incidents, unwanted fire signals and near misses are investigated, where appropriate, with local Fire and Police authorities, are kept locally and forwarded to National Estates Office in accordance with national NHS guidance. Devise strategies to overcome such occurrences.
10. Maintain the Standards for Better Health for Fire Safety.
11. Attend meetings and communicate information advice as required.
12. Advise on areas for fire safety funding and local management issues when required.
13. Provide technical, professional and specialist advice on all aspects of Fire Safety for the NHS Trust, with the requirement of appraising and inspection of the structural fire precautions within all Capital and other projects.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.