Morgan Hunt are delighted to be working exclusively on this Head of Estates & Facilities role with Nightingale Hammerson Care Group. Are you passionate about delivering a first class service to the residents? Are you an excellent communicator, technically capable, able to manage projects, H&S, Hard and Soft FM? This is a fantastic organisation with 2 stunning locations in Clapham and Hampstead - they are looking for an excellent Head of Estates and Facilities to join their team.
Please contact me directly after reviewing the JD below...
Main Purpose of the Job
We are now looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and forward thinking Head of Estates and Facilities to oversee the management and development of our care homes, and lead the team, focusing on the development of the three-year strategic priorities to ensure that the services of Nightingale Hammerson remain Outstanding.
The Head of Estates & Facilities will have full oversight of the capital development & refurbishment of the estates, including a focus on sustainability projects, efficiency standards and modernisations to services. The Head of Estates and Facilities will also have full responsibility of all health and safety and compliance, ensuring all documentation is kept up to date against both regulatory and statutory requirements and effective reporting is undertaken and delivered. They will be accountable and responsible for planning, implementation, procurement, and delivery of a high-quality services across the homes.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly demonstrate a strong working background of leading an estates and facilities function across a comparable size or health care base. This experience will need to be coupled with a strong knowledge and capability of planning, implementation, and delivery of strategic and operational initiatives. The successful candidate will also need to embody the Nightingale Hammerson's values and have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with various stakeholders.
Equal Opportunities - Nightingale Hammerson is committed to achieving equality of opportunity both in delivering its services and in the employment of people and expects all staff to understand and promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of their work.
Health and Safety - All staff are expected to take responsibility for their own health and safety, in so far as they can themselves, and to exercise reasonable care and caution I n the execution of their duties.
Nightingale Hammerson Values - We expect all staff to display and uphold our core values: Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Dignity, Integrity, Teamwork
Duties and Responsibilities detailed below should be read in this context
- Capex Programme and Procurements
- Working with various stakeholders, you will have responsibility for contract management and the delivery of the property investment programmes including the completion of the development of Hammerson House, our new 116 bed care home and managing our existing outstanding care home, Nightingale House.
- The successful candidate will ensure the projects are run to a high standard, meet the specifications and are within budget whilst ensuring our residents' needs are met. Therefore, excellent planning and problem solving skills are essential.
- You will have full operational responsibility for ensuring that we comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities on safe management of homes and works delivery.
- You will have great customer service and communication skills that are augmented with a solid commercial acumen that you employ to deliver value for money services.
- You will have an excellent knowledge of building construction with an in-depth knowledge of the relevant legislation and building regulations. Excellent inter-personal, negotiation, organisational, IT and report writing skills are essential for this role.
- Ensure Nightingale Hammerson delivers an effective Property Maintenance Service across all sites, to include oversight of the introduction of a computer system for Building Maintenance management
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained and complies with relevant legislation
- Ensure that there is effective management of planned and reactive maintenance and budget including the review of KPIs which ensures statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Lead on investigating and providing technical reports for any M&E failures and/or issues
- To take overall responsibility for the security of the site - liaising with external partnership agencies
- Team leadership and management
Including but not restricted :
- To service the Property Group, Estates Strategy and Audit and Risk Committees working with Trustees and the Senior Leadership Team
- To Lead and motivate the Property Services staff team to be proactive and customer focused
- To hold monthly supervisions and annual appraisals of your managers to manage their performance against SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time bound) objectives
- To identify skills gaps and training needs and support team members to develop in their roles, including CPD
- Contract Management
Ensure that the systems are in place and continually reviewed to be certain of the ongoing, effective and compliant delivery of all property contracts to meet the organisation's needs - including:
- To regularly tender contracts, writing detailed specifications, and following the procurement policy, to achieve Value for Money
- To set service level agreements and KPIs within contracts, which will be monitored
- To manage the performance of contractors by reviewing regular reports and KPIs against agreed targets and ensure that expenditure is within agreed budgets.
- Review lease agreements and ensure compliance with lease terms
- Lead and be responsible for ensuring that Nightingale Hammerson meets statutory and regulatory requirements in relation to Property Services
- Lead on ensuring standards are met with regard to planned and preventative maintenance and compliance with statutory and mandatory regulations
- Work alongside the Property Services team to ensure professional advice is obtained as required for new projects
- Ensure that all operational aspects of the M&E service are compliant with statutory regulation and best practice standards
- Work with other Property Services staff to ensure adequate Authorised Person/Responsible Person and Competent Person cover at all times across the charity
- Finance and Budgets
- Submitting timely budgets to the Finance team annually for both revenue and capital requirements
- Reviewing Management accounts and providing explanations for significant variances
- Authorising Property Services orders on the Finance system
- Ensure that all related risks are included and updated appropriately on the charity's risk register and that all appropriate risk reduction measures are identified
- Ensure that regular risk assessments are undertaken on all key risk areas and all necessary actions are taken
- Ensure that there is a robust Business Continuity Plan in place for M&E services for any potential major incident and internal emergencies
- Health & Safety
- Lead the delivery and implementation of Health & Safety policies including risk assessments, to ensure all staff are aware of their responsibilities
- Plan Health & Safety meetings and support staff Health and Safety representatives across the organization.
- To be the Responsible person for Property services including Fire and Water
- To organize Health and Safety Training eg Legionella training - either delivering it yourself or appointing a qualified trainer
- Front of House, Porter and Waste Management
- Ensure Nightingale Hammerson delivers an effective Front of House services across all sites, to include oversight of excellent customer services
- Ensure that reception desk is covered and appropriate measures are taken to ensure professionalism at all times
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.