Floating Support Worker Wanted!
Location: Lewisham and Southwark
Social Care Assignment: 2-3 Months
Hours: Mon - Fri, 09:00-17:00
Pay: £13 - £16 per hour
Must have an enhanced DBS Issued within the last 12 months (or on the update service)
Our social care client in south London needs a Floating Support Worker to provide housing related support to vulnerable ex homeless clients, to ensure they maintain their tenancy and get them ready for an independent lifestyle. You will be supporting 20-25 clients in self-contained supported accommodation units around the boroughs of Lewisham and Southwark, so this is a great opportunity to be out in the community supporting those who need your advice and guidance most!
The clients themselves have a variety of support needs and come from a variety of backgrounds including low level substance misuse issues, ex-offenders or those who were once sleeping rough. You will be helping them improve and obtain the skills and knowledge they need to move into private rented accommodation. In this role you have the chance to really make a difference to the lives of people and help them build towards a new life. You will need to demonstrate patience, perseverance, and motivation to really get the best out of your case load, in this social care position
- Travel costs during working hours will be expensed
- Must be available to work 37.5 hours a week over the following shift patterns:
09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday, 5 days a week
- Oversee a case load of 20-25 low to medium needs clients
- Each floating support worker is allocated a few selected high needs clients
- Organising your week by booking appointments with each client
- Writing up the monthly and weekly reports using clear written communication
- Helping your clients with budgeting, advising around what they can afford and how to get the most out of their financial position
- Help each client maintain their tenancy, reporting any damages, help each client keep on top of their financial responsibilities
- Support clients emotionally
- Empower you clients and encourage them to take up hobbies, attend appointments and apply for work, education, or training
- Promote independence and teach life skills to enable clients to move on out into an independent lifestyle
If you feel that you have the relevant expertise and skills to tackle this role? do you feel that you are the person to help mentor and guide these vulnerable individuals? Then contact Morgan Hunt now! Our social care client needs YOU!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.