Hospital Discharge Support worker
3 months, Monday to Friday - 09:00-17:00
Location: Lambeth - some working from home to complete admin tasks
Pay: £13 - £18 per hour - dependent on level of experience
Our social care client is looking for a hospital discharge worker, supporting clients who suffer with mental health issues leave hospital and move into accommodation. This is a vitally important role due to the fact that you will be identifying those who are ready for move on, assessing their needs and working with external partners to assist with their transition into their accommodation.
- Identify clients ready for discharge in Lambeth hospital
- Assessing clients needs and suitability to move on from the ward into a variety of accommodation settings including step down services, own home or supported accommodation in accordance with their needs
- Clients: All mental health clients of various needs
- You will be working within an NHS setting, at home and within the community
- Complete professionalism, attention to detail, understanding of safeguarding, understanding of mental health and reliability are required in this role
- Not a case load role, only clients that receive more attention are those who go to the step-down services to ensure they settle in
- External services: social workers, home treatment teams, supported accommodation staff and NHS staff
- home visits on occasion but no lone working
To apply for this role, you must have an enhanced DBS check issued within the last year or have a certificate that is on the update service
If you feel like this is the job for you. You will need to apply fast! Roles like this do not stay around for long! Do not delay
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.