Homeless Assessment Worker
Hours: Rolling rota including weekends and lates - 37.5 per week
Assignment: 3 months
Pay - £13 - £16 per hour
Our client, a leading homelessness charity based in Hackney are looking for a Homeless Assessment and Resettlement Worker to work in a busy homeless assessment centre. Due to a company restructure a position has become available to support the charity in the assessment and resettlement of homeless clients with high support needs referred by street outreach teams.
Candidates for this role will need:
- Extensive housing knowledge and knowledge of the entitlement homeless clients have under different housing laws/ acts
- Experience and knowledge of the Homeless Reduction Act
- Experience of working with the homeless
- Experience of working in a homeless assessment capacity
- Resettlement experience and knowledge of housing options
DBS within 12 months of issue or on the online update service
- Case working a caseload of clients residing at the assessment centre
- Conducting needs and risk assessments and putting in place support plans
- Presenting clients with resettlement options
- Assisting clients to obtain their welfare, housing and related rights
- Referring clients on to relevant specialist support agencies for their needs
- Accurate recording of data onto CHAIN
- Liaising with external agencies on behalf of clients
If you are interested in this position, please contact us immediately. This role will be a popular one!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.