Job Title: Children's Support Worker
Hours: 37.5 hours
Location: Ealing - Working across 2 refuges
Pay: £13.21-17.36 per hour
Assignment: 4 months - until September 2023
Working Hours: Monday to Friday - 09:00-17:00
We are looking for a Children's Support Worker to be an asset within our clients West London team. The perfect candidate would be someone who has experience dealing and engaging with vulnerable children You will managing your own caseload of children whose mothers are fleeing domestic abuse and being their first port of call for support. Additionally, you will be working with these mothers to assist with parenting and providing them with any emotional support they may need too.
As a Children's Support Worker, you will:
- Be monitoring the development of the children of mothers fleeing from domestic violence.
- Trying to minimise the effect of any trauma they may have encountered in the past.
- Management of your own caseload of around 10.
- Liaising with social workers, hospitals, and GP's, to ensure the children are given the best support possible.
- Floating between 2 refuges to visit children, produce support plans for their specific needs and conduct risk assessments.
To be successful you will need:
- Experience working with young and vulnerable children.
- Previous management of a caseload.
- A kind and compassionate nature.
- Ideally experience working with women fleeing DV.
- An enhanced adults and children DBS check dated within the last 12 months or registered to the update service.
If you are interested in this post, please do apply ASAP - we have a feeling it will be a popular position!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.