Job title: Hostel Night Worker
Assignment: 3 months (possible extension)
Wage: £11.00-£14.00 Per hour
Shifts: 4 shifts a week on a rolling rota - 21:00-08:00
Our Lambeth social care client is looking for multiple night workers to work within their hostel that supports vulnerable ex-homeless clients, as hostel night worker you will be working within the 30-bed service for vulnerable ex-homeless clients in Lambeth.
For the first couple of shifts you will be shadowing another night worker to get an understanding of the service but they need you to be able to pick up the role quickly so experience working with homeless people is essential! You will be responsible for maintaining a safe, secure and positive environment for the residents, to help them through this tricky part in their life. It is a great opportunity to be a part of a leading social care charity helping vulnerable ex-homeless people reshape their lives.
The main responsibilites of this Hostel Night Worker job include:
- Support an effective needs-led service for Hostel residents, in line with standard social care policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate records of work undertaken (in the logbook, client file notes and IT based forms of communication as appropriate)
- Share information with the Hostel team and handover all necessary comments with the day shift team
- Ensure that all Hostel residents are treated with respect, contribute to a positive atmosphere within the Hostel, and promote uptake of meaningful activity as appropriate
- Support key workers by talking to clients who are more likely to be seen at night, support them emotionally but do not undertake specific pieces of key work with Hostel residents or otherwise offer any advice relating to resettlement or benefits
- Maintain a safe and appropriate physical environment for staff and service users, in conjunction with the Landlords and Health and Safety Representatives
- Ensure the hostel is secure by regular patrols - monitor external doors, access in and out of the building, and carry out checks on communal areas and resident rooms where necessary
- Deal with any disputes or emergencies, diffuse difficult or dangerous situations and summon assistance when necessary
- Deal with telephone and general enquiries, including liaising with on Call managers where appropriate
- Participate in staff management and support systems in line with standard policies and procedures, including induction and supervision and training. This may involve an occasional requirement to work within daytime hours.
- Contribute to regular team meetings and handovers and work professionally with external agencies
Lambeth is a popular location so don't wait around and miss out. If you feel that you have the expertise and passion for this Hostel Night Worker role then apply now!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.