Hostel Support Worker Wanted in Lambeth!
£13 - 17.50 per hour
Working with homeless clients
2-3 months plus
Full time 37.5 hours, 5 days a week across Monday - Sunday
Early shift: 08:00am - 16:00
Late: 15:00 - 22:00
Our social care, charity client is looking for a project worker with experience working with homeless clients in a hostel environment.
To be a good project worker you will need experience or transferable skills in the following!
- Understanding the needs of homeless people
- Work in an empathic, constructive but strict manner with vulnerable adults who have low to high needs, pre-existing forms of addiction or mental health issues
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively advocate on behalf of your clients when required
- Will also possess good literacy, numeracy, and I.T skills
- Be up to speed with Homeless and housing legislation
- Provide key work support sessions based on each client's support plans catered around their various support needs
- Carry out needs and risks assessments
- Overcome client barriers to engagement
- Induct new tenants into the service, helping them to understand their terms of agreement and make them feel settled
You must have an enhanced DBS issued within 12 months or one that is on the update service to apply - If you do not have one, please contact us and we can help you get one for future roles!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.