Join Our Team - Liaison and Diversion Service in London's Magistrates Courts - East London
Are you passionate about supporting vulnerable individuals within the justice system? Are you skilled in mental health assessments and court reporting? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, making a real difference in people's lives?
We are currently seeking dedicated professionals to join our dynamic team at the Liaison and Diversion Service in London. As a key member of the team, you will have the opportunity to provide vital support to individuals within East London's magistrates courts, primarily located between Thames, Stratford, and Barkingside Magistrates Court.
Position: Liaison and Diversion Practitioner: Temporary (2-3 months), Part-time (2-3 days per week)
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in the court process, conducting screenings, assessments, and producing comprehensive written and/or verbal reports for the court on the same day. Collaborating with other support services and professionals, you will facilitate onward referrals and ensure seamless liaison to appropriate resources. Additionally, you will be responsible for assessing individuals presenting acute mental health concerns and coordinating assessments with the local AMHP team to arrange diversion from court under the Mental Health Act 1983.
- Conduct Mental Health Assessments and Mental State Examinations for individuals appearing in court
- Prepare court reports to support informed decision-making by sentencers
- Liaise, refer, and connect individuals with appropriate services to minimise the need for remands and custodial sentences
- Provide case advice to colleagues from various disciplines.
- Act promptly on any safeguarding concerns arising from assessments or collateral information receives
- Relevant qualifications and experience in mental health assessment and court reporting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ensuring efficient and accurate assessments and reports
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 and its application within the court system
- Compassionate and non-judgmental attitude towards vulnerable individuals
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.