Life guards - Hampton Pool
Responsible to: Duty Manager
Responsible for: N / A
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week, worked on a rota basis, including evenings, weekends and public holidays or generally worked within office hours, Monday to Friday, with occasional evening and weekend work. Bank
Work Location: Hampton Pool, although may be required to work at any YMCA St Paul's Group location
To ensure a high quality of service to our customers and the safety of pool users, cleanliness and operating as a team.
Undertake specific tasks as a member of the team to assist in the running and further development of the pool and its facilities
YMCA St Paul's Group (SPG) is the largest YMCA in Europe and a leading provider of supported housing in London and beyond, providing a safe place to stay to about 1,200 young and vulnerable people each night.
- We provide housing and support to those in need of a place to call home and support them with services that empower them to build a positive future.
- We support children, young people and families to be safe, healthy, connected and confident.
- We bring people together by encouraging them to be healthy, physically and mentally.
- We help nurture an environment where people of all faiths and none have the opportunity to understand and express the love of God.
- We empower our residents, staff and users by providing them with excellent service and welcoming properties where they can thrive.
- We enable the Charity to respond to the future with an equipped and empowered workforce that is flexible and agile.
- The vision of YMCA St Paul's group is to empower young people by providing the resources and support so they can thrive. We wish to create inclusive, active and healthy communities where everyone can flourish.
Our approach is informed by our Christian faith and we work with fellow community collaborators to see this vision realised. Our core values underpin the way that we deliver our work and our aim is to create an inclusive culture where our staff, residents and customers feel a sense of belonging and are able to be their authentic selves.
We welcome everyone, strive for excellence in all we do, inspire hope in others for what they might achieve and strive to grow and develop both people and places.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the safety of pool users and undertake pool tests as required.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the facility.
- Undertake 40, 60 and possibly 90 minute rotations on poolside and work together as part of a team.
- Assist in the implementation, achieving and monitoring the operational standards as set out in the Pool's Operations Manual.
- Adhere to Health and Safety requirements, with respect to Manual Handling, Protective Clothing and Fire Safety.
- Keep all cleaning supplies fully stocked at all times by doing a regular weekly stock check.
- Assist in implementing the Pool's Environmental Policy.
- Maintain good communication between the Duty Manager and pool staff.
- Assist with the implementation of a programme of high quality swimming and dry-side activities throughout the year, with the objective of increasing revenue in the quieter periods.
- Assist in the promotion and sale of merchandise to promote the profile of Hampton Pool and increase revenue.
- Assist in conducting customer surveys, a mystery customer report and other feedback from customers and staff.
- Actively promote the wellbeing of Hampton Pool by presenting a friendly welcoming and high quality service.
- Assist the directors and Friends of Hampton Pool in their community activities in support of Hampton Pool.
- Identify opportunities to promote Hampton Pool through various local and national media.
Friends of Hampton Pool
- Maintain and develop good relationships with the Friends of Hampton Pool and develop ways of utilising their willingness to help in constructive ways.
General - All Staff
- Able to proficiently use IT systems, including working with databases, Microsoft office, email, internet
- Attend all relevant training and development programmes.
- Attend all relevant cross departmental, and Corporate Office meetings as and when required.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by line manager.
Scope and Limits of Authority
Occasionally the Lifeguard will be the senior officer on duty and at such times will take all decision on operating issues at the Pool.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.