Job Title: Outreach Worker
Hours: 37.5 per week
Assignment: 3 months (possible extension)
Pay: £13.50 - 17.50 per hour
Rota: Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00 or 06:00-14:00
We are looking for an Outreach Worker to join our Newham London based client's outreach team. This fantastic opportunity will see you joining a superb service which supports the rough sleeper community in Newham London. This is a very important position. You will not only be advising the street population on what options are available to them but also advising them on how to stay safe on the street and listen to any concerns they may have. Crucially you will be adding to the CHAIN database for this client group. This is a vital contribution to the work that this fantastic charity is doing in Newham London
If you crave influence and responsibility within a team, this is a role where your voice is not only heard but contributes towards quick, satisfying outcomes, providing rough sleepers with hope and a route away from the streets. Not only this but as an outreach worker you will work alongside other amazing likeminded individuals and agencies with the sole aim of reducing the number of people sleeping rough in Newham.
As an Outreach Worker you will:
- Supporting rough sleepers to access appropriate social care services and accommodation options
- Be a first response to referrals, carrying out needs and risk assessments with new rough sleepers
- Update assessments on rough sleepers already known to the team
- Regularly update the CHAIN database
- Find the best cause of action for each client's scenario
- Work alongside other agencies including, local authorities, health services, housing providers, the police, and drug & alcohol services
To be successful you will need to:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and responsive to meet the needs of rough sleepers
- Have the confidence and ability to manage a caseload of complex clients
- Have the necessary IT skills to collect, collate and interpret data
- Be confident in representing our client at external meetings and with outside agencies
- You must have an enhanced, adult and child DBS check to apply for this post, if you need one, get in touch
If you are interested, please apply ASAP, this position is always a popular opportunity!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.