Job Title: Service Manager
Assignment: 2-3 months (possible extension).
Rota: Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00
Pay: £18 - £25 per hour
We are looking for an experienced manager to join and lead our client's Homeless Assessment hub in Hackney! In this role you will be overseeing a small team of 1 rough sleeper navigator, 4 support workers and 4 duty workers to deliver a homeless assessment hub to ex-homeless clients. The service supports clients who have been referred by the local authority and outreach teams. The aim is to assess clients, provide support for their needs and find accommodation for them within a 28-day period. This is not always possible due to the complex nature of move on, but the service plays a pivotal role in the lives of many homeless people.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an innovative and effective manager to play a crucial role in influencing, delivering, and developing a service that is crucial for so many vulnerable ex homeless people. The successful candidate will be responsible for the project's performance against its contract, monitoring, and reporting to stakeholders in meeting the required targets.
As Lead Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for managing the service's performance against its contract monitoring and regularly reporting to funders/the local authority on performance in meeting its targets.
- Be responsible for directly managing the staff team.
- You will ensure the finances of the service are well managed and it is compliant with all relevant HR policies and legislation.
- Foster a culture of high performance and continual striving to improve upon successes throughout your team.
- Take a lead in developing and managing partnerships with key agencies across London.
- Liaise with City's outreach team (also Thames Reach)
- Ensure the 28 day move on targets are reached.
To be successful you will be:
- Outcome focused
- Able to organise the operations of a complex, busy service
- A decisive and effective leader
- An excellent communicator able to form and maintain effective working relationships with all partners
- Able to directly manage staff, oversee the management of others and ensure the services finances are well managed
If you are interested, please apply ASAP, this position is going to be a popular opportunity!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.