Move On Support Worker
Assignment: 3 months with likely extension
Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours a week
Rota: mix of 08:00-16:00, 11:00-19:00 & 14:30-22:30
One weekend on, one weekend off
4 days, 6 days, 4 days, 6 days,
Our superb social care client is on the lookout for a supported housing worker to work as part of a team delivering an assessment, support and move on service to vulnerable clients in a 21 shared flat supported accommodation in London Borough of Haringey. You will be working alongside support team to provide accommodation and support services for people experiencing homelessness, rough sleeping, and multiple disadvantages.
In this role you will be working under the direction, guidance, and support of your line manager, you will be responsible for a small caseload of clients, as well as share responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of all clients, volunteers and staff in the service.
You will ensure that the accommodation is properly maintained and support the client to sustain their tenancy and participate in positive and successful move on.
To be successful in this role, you will need experience and knowledge in:
- Health and safety compliance
- Delivering one to one support around key work sessions
- Good IT literacy
- Report write ups
- Link clients in with external teams in accordance with their needs
- Be a team player
- Update needs and risk assessments
- Possess sound knowledge on welfare and benefit application and updates
- Book new clients into the accommodation, set them up with the appropriate benefit claims
- Have experience working with ex-homeless clients with low - complex needs
- Have experience in supporting clients with mental health and substance misuse support needs
- You must have an enhanced DBS issued within the last 12 months or one that is on the update service
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person! Please apply quickly as this role will not be available for long!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.