IT Support Officer
London (Over 4 sites) onsite role
3-6 Months Contract with possible extension
£180 -£200 Per Day
My client a leading education sector organisation who are looking for an IT Support Officer. You will be a part of a professional, customer focussed, responsive and effective team that provides 1st and 2nd line technical support and maintenance services to all users of the Group's IT systems. To assist with the installation, administration, operation, and maintenance of the administrative and teaching IT infrastructure and to perform other appropriate duties as directed by the departmental management team.
- To monitor the Service Desk and call response times in relation to Service Level Agreement (SLA) standards, taking appropriate support action to meet SLA standards and highlighting problems to the IT Support Manager.
- To maintain user support operations and the operational effectiveness of equipment
- To install software as required ensuring licencing compliance is maintained.
- To highlight hardware and software problems and issues to management in a timely fashion.
- To ensure security standards are maintained in line with appropriate policies, e.g., security patches, anti-virus software systems, as directed.
- To ensure physical security of equipment is maintained (asset labels, locks, security cables, as appropriate).
- To use the functionality of the Service Desk software to identify and highlight common failure modes for hardware and software, allowing appropriate pre-emptive action to be taken
- To use other tools, following appropriate training, to assist and improve service delivery.
- To be responsible for logging calls with 3rd party support providers and tracking to ensure that SLA standards are achieved
- To prioritise own workload according to urgency, need and SLA standards
What you need to succeed:
Proven practical experience of:
- Upgrading (installing components in) PCs / Servers.
- Diagnosis & resolution of hardware and software faults.
- Installing & configuring application software.
- Installation, use & support of Windows 10.
- Administration of Windows Server 2012 (or later). #
At least 3 years practical experience in the support of desktop, server, and networking environments
MAC Specialist> - Practical experience in the support and management of Apple Mac devices
- in an Active Directory integrated environment
- using appropriate platforms for the deployment and updating of operating system and applications software
Practical experience in the use and management of:
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- Practical experience in the use of a helpdesk to manage and prioritise calls, and in the use of remote desktop management tools.
- Ability to communicate well with staff at all levels and to provide (limited) training to staff at technical or non-technical level.
- Ability to work alone & as part of a team and to organise own time and workload effectively.
- Experience of working flexibly and supportively in a team and have a flexible approach to working practices and working hours.
- Willingness to travel between group sites and, occasionally, supplier premises
- Have an awareness of and a commitment to the Group's equal opportunities policies especially in relation to the application of information technology in the office.
- Understand the Group's responsibilities and procedures for safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
What you get in return:
£180 - £200 Per Day
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.