IT Support Officer
2-3 Months Contract with possible extension
Hourly Rate £20 - £25
Based in Isle worth but expected to travel across sites
A leading Education sector client have an exciting opportunity for a IT Support Officer to join their team and manage and maintain and support the college IT systems, network, applications and databases and all elements of IT infrastructure and systems.
- Assist directly in the effective delivery of a 3rd line helpdesk service and contribute to effective team work and a service-oriented culture within the IT Services Team.
Planning and Performance monitoring
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of IT projects & developments.
- Responsible for undertaking routine preventive measures, implement changes, maintain and monitor network security ensuring that all systems are secure from unwanted intrusions and attacks.
- Responsible for the maintenance and administration of various file, software or application servers, making sure that hardware and software are updated and that these systems are functional and performing to a high standard.
- Responsible for the maintenance and administration of various database servers and integration of those servers into other College IT Systems including ProSolution MIS, SelectHR, Active Directory and SharePoint.
- Actively monitor and maintain network, database and server performance, ensuring system hardware and software updates / upgrades are identified and reported. Identify inefficiencies and advise the Head of IT where appropriate.
- Monitor & support the college's Wi-Fi, IP telephony systems, ensuring that performance quality is maintained to the required standard.
Policy, Procedures and Processes
- Responsible for the daily network and systems administration including User accounts and access rights. You will also be required to monitor and control data storage capacities.
- Responsible for the daily data backup procedures and ensure that they are carried out regularly in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the testing, packaging, and deployment of software over the LAN (using SCCM) and create and regularly update software images. You will also be required to investigate and deploy new software, liaising with college staff and software vendors where appropriate.
- Responsible for maintenance and administration of the College's User ID Creation, ID Card, and Access Control systems.
- Responsible for managing the antivirus software across the campus, updating when required. You will be required to ensure that all systems, both server and desktop, are secure against virus attacks.
- Assist in the maintenance of the College's inventory / asset register and related documentation ensuring that records are updated as necessary.
- As and when required, produce documentation for technical procedures relevant to the role to contribute towards the department's procedure manual.
- Use, install and maintain software according to manufacturer/vendor licensing regulations and ensure that any appropriate Copyright is adhered to.
- Follow strictly the requirements of the College's health and safety policy and comply with the College financial regulations.
- Promote a positive image of the College in all contacts with students, employers and professional bodies.
- Attend and Participate in College meetings as necessary and actively promote college policies.
- Participate in staff development activities and undertake further training as part of your continuing professional development.
- Work flexibly in order to satisfy the organisational needs, including enrolment and occasional evening or weekend work.
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for any member of staff, students or department of the college and adhere to the College's Data Protection Policy and the Data Protection Act 1998.
- To uphold and promote College policies, procedures and controls, including the College's Equal Opportunities policy and promoting those specifically applicable to this area of work.
- Carry out other reasonably comparable duties that may be required from time to time.
- Undertake additional duties at enrolment times as required, including occasional evening or weekend work.
A successful candidate will have:
Technical environment: have an understanding of current technical solutions and be able to develop solutions to improve the full range of IT services. Possess significant experience working in an IT Systems / Network Administration environment.
- Troubleshooting and logical thinking
- Network switching and routing, network management and security
- Firewall Management
- Windows Server 2016/19,
- 365 Admin
- Active Directory - management and systems integration, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP.
- VMware - server deployment and configuration, Hyper-V
- Fibre, CAT5 & CAT6, experience with network technologies such as Switches, SANs and Wireless Networks
- Windows 10
- Managing backup systems and procedures
- MIS systems databases, automated query and other data extraction routines.
- Knowledge of Apple OSX.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 onwards
- Citrix Xen server management,
- Software packaging and application deployment - SCCM
- IP telephony systems.
- Server and network performance monitoring BC/DR Processes
- Knowledge of Azure.
- Print management - (e.g. Uniflow/Papercut)
- Support of A/V- digital signage, interactive displays, interactive projectors etc
- Experience of working in FE or HE
- Possess a min of 4 GCSE's (or equivalent), or significant experience working in an IT Systems / Network Administration environment.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.