Management Information Services Developer
East London - Onsite - Minimum 4 days per week
Temporary Cover - Immediate start
Role Purpose: To assist the MIS manager in providing an excellent service for internal staff and external stakeholders
- To create, maintain and administrate databases and applications in accordance with service requirements
- With guidance from the MIS manager, improve the flow of data around the organisation
- To develop and implement new IT related initiatives or projects which are related to overall college priorities e.g. Moodle, ProMonitor and others.
- To consult on new developments in line with the organisation business requirements and strategy
- To work with the MIS team to maintain quality control over all reports
- To co-ordinate support groups for new developments, and to provide support for ProSolution and ProMonitor users
- To support and improve business processes using technology, e.g. enrolment, applications, induction etc.
- To be able to prioritise workload with complex and varying requests
- To link or integrate the current MIS system (ProSolution) to other systems as required
- To work closely with IT to keep SQL servers up to date
- To provide regular information and intelligence to managers
- To work inline with data protection and freedom of information laws
- To maintain and promote good relations with all stakeholders
- To be committed to continuous professional development
- Work in partnership with the MIS manager to specify the connectivity and integration standards for all applications
- Perform user requirement analysis on any 'silo' systems of departments and where possible integrate into the main systems
- Design Business Intelligence dashboards from various enterprise systems for interactive and effective management reporting
- Pro-actively locate and correct problems in the daily running of the systems, ensuring quality, security, and integrity of the data is maintained to a high level
Programming experience with the .NET framework
Exposure to ASP.Net (VB/C#)
SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2008 R2)
SQL Server Integration Services
SQL Server DML, DDL, ETL
Experience in developing and maintaining web based applications
Qualifications or training:
- Educated to degree level, including GCSE grade C or above in Mathematics and English.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software packages including Access and Excel.
- Willing and keen to undertake relevant training.
- A good understanding of modern application OO development techniques
- Experience of working with Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS , tables, views, functions, stored procedures and various other database objects, as well as Integration Services
- Experience and a proven track record with SQL Reporting Services including report writing and deployment and also undertaking the report server administration
- Experience of using Internet Information Services (IIS), SVN subversion control or a similar source control provider and of producing management information reports
- Experience of linking SQL databases to other SQL based systems
- Able to cope with deadlines and prioritise work activities
- Capable of learning and adapting to new software packages quickly
- Willingness to undertake professional development in the context of rapid development in the use of information technology
Valid Enhanced DBS Certificate
Need to have an understanding of student enrollment and Pro Solution and Pro Monitor
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.