Location: Central London (Remote with occasional presence in the London Head office)
Contract: Permanent; Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Closing date: Wednesday 6th October 2021
Morgan Hunt are proud to be supporting a fantastic Social Housing provider who own and manage over 3000 homes, and operate across England & Wales. They ensure that having an accessible home in an inclusive setting can transform the lives of disabled people and those around them.
About the role
To support the Head of Finance in providing high quality revenue accounting, capital accounting and treasury management for the Housing Association.
To act as business partner to the Housing Association's Heads of Service and other budget managers, providing support and challenge to the management of their budgets.
To contribute to the monthly management accounts, the annual accounts and the annual budget under the guidance of the Head of Finance.
- Ensure that all income and expenditure is correctly accounted for in accordance with applicable accounting standards, statement of recognised practice and any regulatory requirements, supporting and challenging the transaction team as required to ensure posting are complete, accurate and timely.
- Reconcile all control accounts and review all suspense accounts.
- Prepare accruals journals as necessary to ensure that the finance system accurately reflects the current position.
- To produce high quality, accurate and timely monthly management accounts in partnership with other members of the team.
- To carry out appropriate variance analysis and investigate and explain material differences in actuals/forecast out-turn to budget.
- To undertake regular meetings with budget holders to review their expenditure and forecasts, providing support and challenge as necessary, and to ensure that budget holders have mitigation plans in place for any forecast variances.
- To set and monitor the Association's capital budgets.
- To be responsible for the preparation of the annual revenue and capital budgets under the guidance of the Head of Finance and in collaboration with budget holders.
- To manage the Association's capital accounting, to recognise and account for all acquisitions, depreciation and disposals of fixed assets.
- To contribute to the preparation and finalisation of the Capital Accounting aspects
- To be responsible for the administration of the Association's corporate fixed asset register, including reconciliation to other systems.
Qualifications & Experience
- Fully Qualified accountant (CCAB or equivalent).
- Experience of producing high-quality monthly management accounts.
- Experience of delivering business partnering services.
- Experience of budget setting process.
- Knowledge of financial models and the preparation of financial business cases.
- Experienced in building relationships with non-financial colleagues.
If you have the required skills and experience and would be interested in this opportunity, apply below.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.