Morgan Hunt are currently working with a well-known Public Sector organisation, in their search for a permanent Procurement Officer to provide effective support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle, making sure it reflects best value and complies with legal requirements.
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Remote (London Office once a month)
Salary: £30,000 - £41,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
As a successful postholder you will ensure the most effective spend of public money across the organisations portfolio and utilise procurement systems and methodologies to support the delivery of procurement processes. You will also undertake research and gain insights from the procurement knowledge pool to identify best practice solutions to develop innovations that support the delivery of cost improvements and benefits to customers both internal/external whilst also developing good working relationships with stakeholders and suppliers, quickly building rapport and seeking support from category leads, and other category specialist & managers as required.
- Support all procurement and contract management activities making sure the organisation complies fully with Public Contract Regulations 2015 (PCR2015) that impact on procurement activities
- Support the development and implementation of category plans and implement generate savings and efficiency
- Support procurement projects which may include tendering, evaluation, and contract award in order to deliver regulatory compliance and value for money
- Provide due diligence for tender administration whilst providing procurement advice
- Manage the Contracts Register and Procurement Forward Plan, making sure information is current, accurate and used as a tool to identify and deliver value for money and best commercial practice
- Act as the first line of support for procurement queries and advise stakeholders on identifying tender opportunities, quality, business continuity and sustainability, whilst identifying procurement risks and considering consequences of failure in advance
- Support the Procurement Manager on high value and high-risk procurement projects and take a lead on low value and routine procurement
- Correspond and liaise with suppliers whilst monitoring the procurement email account including responding to and distributing supplier and internal enquires submitted through the procurement email inbox
- Make sure procurement systems and processes are followed and kept up to date in line with the procurement policy. Train and advise stakeholders on basic procurement processes.
- Relevant experience of current Procurement législation i.e PCR 2015, FTS, etc
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders with differing demands.
- Initiative individual who can resolve problems and suggest improvements to internal processes and procedures
- Awareness of best practice procurement and supplier management techniques
- Proficient with word, excel and PowerPoint
Please apply below to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity as a Procurement Officer.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.