Capital City College Group
Job Description and Person Specification
Post: Recruitment Manager
Reporting to: Head of HR Operations
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Direct reports: Up to 3 members of staff
Annual leave: 35 days per annum plus bank holidays
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme
Work location: Victoria but will consider hybrid e.g. 3 days in office and 2 days from home
Access to: EAP, free counselling service, annual season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme etc.
Purpose of Role
- To build an effective recruitment strategy for the organisation that supports the goal to becoming an employer of choice
- To recruit and train the internal recruitment team
- To work with managers to deliver an effective recruitment end to end process for the organisation
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The post holder will carry out some or all the following duties:
- Manage the Group's recruitment process and ensure rigorous management of the Group's relationships with recruitment agencies, in conjunction with the Head of HR and Finance.
- Oversee the managed vendor contract with Morgan Hunt and the use of agencies to recruit temps and agency workers in line with the Group's Recruitment Policy, processes, and budget. Negotiate all fees with agencies ensuring value for the group.
- Ensure rigorous adherence to safeguarding procedures for all newly appointed staff, trustees, volunteers, agency workers and others who may have access to learners.
- Build close and effective working relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Update existing recruiting procedures or create new procedures.
- Recruit, develop, train, and supervise the recruiting team.
- Explore and engage with new sourcing methods to find job candidates.
- Evaluate and suggest improvements to the employer recruitment website.
- Coordinate the Star Chamber process ensuring that all relevant verifications are complete before requests to recruit are presented for approval.
- Suggest ways to improve the employer's brand.
- Research and implement the best job advertising techniques.
- Advise hiring managers on proper interviewing methods.
- Provide training for hiring managers on safer recruitment, unconscious bias, interview techniques amongst others.
- Plan/host career events and job fairs and attend career events and job fairs.
- Manage the contract for agency workers with our manged supplier Morgan Hunt.
- Provide monthly management information on recruitment KPIs for senior managers in the organisation.
- To work flexibly across the different locations in the Group as necessary
- To implement College policies, particularly those relating to equality and diversity and recruitment.
- To implement Health and Safety and security measures in accordance with statutory and College requirements.
- To work evenings and occasional weekends as required.
- To undertake any other duties consistent with the key responsibilities and/or duties of the post.
- The nature of this post means that the post holder may need to travel from time to time to other College centres and external venues.
- The post holder will be contracted to work for a defined number of hours per week but it is a requirement of this post that the holder will flex these hours to reasonably meet the needs of the service, which may include working occasional evening and weekends.
- This post falls within the scope of the regulations requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS check).
N.B. This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive listing of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation.
We value diversity and positively welcome applications from all backgrounds. This will help ensure our workforce better reflects the diverse wider community we support. Applicants who declare a disability meeting the minimum criteria for the role will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of our students and expect everybody working for the Group to share this commitment. We actively seek DBS enhanced clearance checks for applications of employment as part of our safeguarding procedures.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.