Morgan Hunt are currently working with a prestigious Russell Group University in their search for a permanent Contract Manager (Sourcing and Supplies) to play an imperative role in supporting colleagues in procuring a diverse range of goods, services and works, which are critical to the successful operation of the University.
As a successful post holder you will work with external suppliers and internal stakeholders across the organisation in order to successfully play the critical role of ensuring contracts procured by the wider team are implemented successfully and managed robustly to deliver maximum VFM (Value For Money).
You should have experience delivering supplier and contracts management, developing, implementing and delivering key contracts, demonstrating substantial changes to activity from stakeholders and an extensive understanding of the strategic context for procurement and contract management within a large, complex and multi-disciplinary organisation.
Job Title: Contract Manager (Sourcing and Supplies)
Salary: £32,000 - £40,000 Per anum
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
- From your knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations, you will facilitate compliance with legislation, financial regulations and deliver the universities strategy for purchasing through contract spend analysis, minimising contract leakage and so forth.
- Professionally deal with stakeholders at all levels
- Oversee supplier relationship management for strategically important contracts through frequent reviews with supplier account managers.
- Ensure that supplier SLA/KPI's are met
- manage operational aspects of various contracts with external suppliers across various designated categories of university procurement activity
- Be responsible for managing the supplier master files and supplier set up process.
- You will be expected to manage approximately 20-30 contracts which total value between 30-50 million pounds.
- Escalate serious performance matters with senior colleagues
- Work with the wider procurement team to ensure appropriate measures are included in tender
- MCIPS qualification is desired but not essential
- Skill level equivalent to achievement of HND, Degree, NVQ4 or basic professional qualification in Commercial Contract Management or Supplier Relationship Management, Business, IT or Law subject area or an International Association for Contract & Commercial Management (ICCAM) qualification
- Experience developing and delivering supplier and contracts management
- An understanding of the strategic context for procurement and contract management, as well as the proven success of working, within a large, complex and multi-disciplinary organisation
- An understanding of the commercial drivers within a certain category area
- Demonstrable capacity to translate analysed data into contract strategy
- Able work within organisational and legal regulations and guidelines
- Excellent problem solving and initiative skills
- Proficient influencer and communicator (both written and verbally) across all platforms of communication
- A passion for keeping up to date with current market trends and shapes
Please apply below to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity as a Sourcing and Supplies Contract Manager.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.