Clerk of Works - Fire Safety
Pay rates from £250-300/day depending on experience
18-month Temporary Contract
Surrey based, flexible home working permitted.
Morgan Hunt are working in partnership with a leading provider of social housing in Surrey, currently looking for an experienced Clerk of Works to oversee fire safety related works to properties in its portfolio in Surrey,
As Clerk of Works you will work closely with the surveyors managing the projects, to ensure all schemes are delivered safely and to the highest standard of workmanship.
- Site inspections prior to work commencing and at all key stages throughout the construction phase.
- Make recommendations about any aspect of the works which do not conform to plans, specifications or schedules and to keep a constant review of documentation.
- Ensure that works are performed satisfactory and projects stay within agreed costs.
- Ensure that all current health & safety legislations, codes of practice and building regulations are observed at all times by the contractor.
- Monitor the delivery and quality of work carried out
- Strong technical construction knowledge with a recognised Building qualification
- Experienced specifically within Fire Safety remedials works, such as Fire Door replacements and Compartmentation works etc.
- Strong understanding of H&S on site, including Fire Safety Regulations.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own diary effectively.
- You must be a car driver in order to be considered for this role, ideally based within the local area.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.