Job Title: Data Protection Policy Officer
Job Type: Permanent Full Time (37 hours per week)
Location: Sevenoaks (flexible hybrid working arrangements)
Morgan Hunt are working with a prestigious housing association who are looking for an enthusiastic 'Data Protection Policy Officer' to join the team in Sevenoaks, Kent. In this role, you will be responsible for safeguarding the reputation of the housing association, whilst mitigating risk through compliance with data protection legislation and the use and management of personal data. As a 'Data Protection Policy Officer' you will manage multiple tasks including responses to data breaches and rights requests, whilst providing advice to the organisation, and working on projects to ensure the organisation maintain compliance. You must be able to use sound judgement and integrity for decision making.
- To undertake any Data Protection Officer responsibilities incorporating all statutory obligations set out in Article 39 of the UK GDPR.
- To develop and review data protection documentation including relevant policies, privacy notices, data sharing agreements and data protection impact assessments. Report compliance with legislation to relevant audiences for monitoring and accountability purposes.
- Lead as expert for data protection providing advice and training whilst ensuring the business is kept up to date on changes.
- Act as the lead contact for the Information Commissioner's Office and key audits and lead on any investigations, outcomes and/or recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Collaborate across the organisation to ensure data processing activities meet legislative requirements including reviewing and developing operational systems and processes.
- Lead for investigating, responding and implementing actions and outcomes on data protection breaches. Oversight for all rights requests. Lead on data protection impact assessments and legitimate interest assessments.
- Responsible for responding to Government consultations. Understand the external housing policy, legislative and regulatory environments and apply knowledge to support the organisation to manage the impact.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting legislation including a detailed understanding of current data protection rules and regulations.
- Demonstrable skills in analysing and interpreting legislation to support policy decision making.
- Good oral and written communication skills across all audiences, including the ability to engage colleagues and present information in a form accessible to audience.
- Experience of managing multiple, complex tasks in a pressured environment to deliver to deadline and priority.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and experience of using sound judgement for decision making
- Experienced at establishing effective relationships with colleagues and third parties to enhance services.
- Experience of writing policies and corporate documents.
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, then please contact Alex Cannon at or call on 02074198988.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.